Dealing with Insurance after TM Caught on Fire!!!

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
My TM caught on fire due to electrical short igniting fuel can. The only thing that burnt was the slide-in and some tools, etc.

Now I am dealing with the insurance adjuster. They will pay up to 5K to fix or replace the unit, 5K for tools, etc. $2500 to rent a unit until mine is fixed, and loss of income in the meantime.

Any advice on how to make the best of this situation?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
How was your insurance policy worded? How old is the unit, and what's it worth? Can anyone rent you a truck mount? How fast can you have it repaired?

And, if I may, tell me about the "gas can"........was this installed with a fuel line to the gas tank, a built in fuel system, or was it working from a gas can?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
working from a "marine" gas can with fuel lines, etc.

When it is rebuilt I will have a fuel feed from the van tank.

No rentals within 120 miles, maybe more. I have been using a friends truck who was on vacation, but he comes back Sunday and will need it back.

I can fix the thing myself, but it will take about a week and some help. The local shop wouldn't touch it - just called it a total loss and suggested replacement.

I need someone to give a quote on repairs, I had supplier in SL who was supposed to be writing one up, but haven't heard from him in 3 days so I need to get in contact with someone else. I really need to get this repair estimate to the adjuster Friday or Monday so I can get paid and get back on the road.

Supersucker

Tell him the local shop said it's a total loss & ask for the $5000. Also ask to buy back the salvage for cheap. Send it to someone who can rebuild or re-engineer it or do it yourself in the off season.

I don't know about a rental, could you demo a Vortex for a while?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
What brand and model is it? I can't understand why a local shop can't look at it for an estimate.

We'd surely do it, but there are a few states between us.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
The local shop is a PC dealer, the guy opened the back doors and said "it's a total loss, we can set you up with a new one though"

Oh well, I guess I'm going fishing next week...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom