Yup, with a porty!!!!
AND, it’s raining...

6347C26E-8A61-4FC7-A063-120EFC8FC5F6.jpeg

Reactions: Cleanworks

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Its so hard to sell a cleaning business.

It is...and it's to bad..years of hard work went into building this name and company from the ground up...
I have built one of the strongest/dependable client lists...trucks..and tons of stuff to go with it all...

but when you sell it in parts...and pretty much what you are forced to do... it's a moot point..the name gets erased and it is what it is.....

Reactions: Nomad74

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
It is...and it's to bad..years of hard work went into building this name and company from the ground up...
I have built one of the strongest/dependable client lists...trucks..and tons of stuff to go with it all...

but when you sell it in parts...and pretty much what you are forced to do... it's a moot point..the name gets erased and it is what it is.....

The problem usually is most o/o own their jobs. And there’s a lot more emotion involved when determining its value imo

Staffing it, getting brick and mortar and someone running it will generate the value needed to sell. Otherwise like you stated it’s generally only worth what the equipments worth.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
That’s why we’ve changed gears and are further legitimizing what we have in the event that we want to sell it down the road.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
The day I sold my business to CRASH was the best day of my life...I caught him stashing job tickets.....hey...all yor helpers
Are doing it!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So Jim, where here in Oklahoma did you live?

I lived on the outskirts of Marietta Oklahoma..between Ardmore and Thackerville...I had 7 acres of land.....animals the whole farm thing...I worked in Gainesville Texas..

cut through Thackerville and cross the red river and I was in Gainesville...

I am looking at a few places down in the Winnsboro area ...
I have my eye on 9 acres right now.....good size home..lots of area for animals and the farm thing again...

I really miss the life...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I lived on the outskirts of Marietta Oklahoma..between Ardmore and Thackerville...I had 7 acres of land.....animals the whole farm thing...I worked in Gainesville Texas..

cut through Thackerville and cross the red river and I was in Gainesville...

I am looking at a few places down in the Winnsboro area ...
I have my eye on 9 acres right now.....good size home..lots of area for animals and the farm thing again...

I really miss the life...
I feel for you. I'm a country boy who's spent far too long in the city. I am always eyeing acreages in Alberta and Saskatchewan but my wife doesn't share my love of land. I'd love to have a house and barn and some out buildings, maybe a horse or two and some dogs.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Wow, that’s interesting. I live north of Yukon and west of OKC in Canadian Co. on 1/2 acre which is plenty at 69. Man, I hope you find your place in Texas. Both states are great places to live. Scenery isn’t that great, but it keeps you going to other places to see.

Reactions: Cleanworks

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Jim, my advise would to be to call all carpet/tile cleaning companies in you area and let them you are selling, AND let them know you are calling all all local companies as well. Fear of loss is a strong motivator. A once in a lifetime growth opportunity will appeal to the right business owner. All they need is technicians......

Many of these small companies also may have received PPP loans, so they have the capital.

I was on the buying end about 6 years ago.

dont sell yourself short

Name
Jeff T
Just cause you LOVE to talk about food Marty....
Tonight’s dinner:
Rotisserie prime rib w/ red wine and rosemary basting...
Yorkshire pudding....
Roasted garlic local baby potatoes....
Baby carrots with a sage butter....
Dessert:
Lemon sorbet w/ fresh medley of berries....

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Just cause you LOVE to talk about food Marty....
Tonight’s dinner:
Rotisserie prime rib w/ red wine and rosemary basting...
Yorkshire pudding....
Roasted garlic local baby potatoes....
Baby carrots with a sage butter....
Dessert:
Lemon sorbet w/ fresh medley of berries....

Man you keep cooking like that, you’ll make somebody a good wife one of these days!

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
My oldest daughter is in her mid 30’s and still asks me to cook breakfast
That’s just the girl thing. The 2 that’s under my feet
all the time are at my house now. The only reason my oldest isn’t, she’s in Houston. I was a girl dad before it was cool🤷🏼‍♂️ Duh

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Its so hard to sell a cleaning business.
It's hard to sell a cleaning business that has no employees or management without you.

Here's something that works: Sell your equipment and client list separately.

Sell the list for no upfront cost - you get 50% of the job ticket from that list for one year from the date of sale. After that you're out.

This eliminates up-front cost for the buyer and there's a performance incentive for you. You'll make the most money by getting your customers to call. Those customers are more likely to continue to use the new company if they have your backing, so the return value of those customers is increased for the buyer.

You can forward the number to anywhere, so you're not stuck in one place, and you get 50% of your annual gross as the sale price while doing no physical work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom