Cork flooring

G

Know anything about it?

I'm going to go look at some carpet that Mrs. Piff is tired of spending so much money on cleaning and not getting the results she wants/deserves. Bad wicking problems I'm guessing. She said it's usually really wet when the yellow van leaves and it takes a day to 2 days to dry and then when it is finally dry, the spots come back. She's about to have the carpets pulled and have cork flooring put in, but thought she would wait and see what I could advise her.

Anybody have any idea how to handle this? Pro's vs Cons of cork flooring? Talk her out of pulling the carpet? Free demo? What?

Thanx.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
don't know how well in wears in traffic

I did some cork floor a few years back and then finished it again after 1.5 years

you should treat it just like a wood floor, same process,

screen, oil base sealer and they what ever type of product you are going to put on top be it water base or oil base but a lot of screening

I would imagine not every product is the same

G

Well, that was an interesting quote. Mrs. Piff and here husband want to put the cork floor themselves, but the husband is a pro boxer and will be leaving in about a week for training for a world championship fight and may not be back for a couple of months, so she decided to have me clean and protect the carpet. The yellow van guys have really turned them against carpet. I'm doing the carpet in the morning. I'm pretty sure they'll change their mind about carpet when I'm done! :wink:

G

Thanks, Steve.

LOL! Boy, this thread has been so helpful. 3 replies, me and you! :lol:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Good luck Josh, I hate when bad cleaning companies ruin the percieved value not only of cleaning but the benefits of carpet. Hopefully you make her a Cheerleader!

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
not everyone runs into a cork floor

I know what you mean about the yellow van, I cleaned up after the green van today. They left the carpet so full of soap. There had to have been something wrong like a dump valve left open while cleaning or wrong mix of soap. They refused to come out and reclean or refund the money

I just flushed it with hot water, I gained a customer and they lost

G

I run into cork flooring all the time here in Pensacola's Historic District. Basic; Seal really well; Buff with lambs wool pad; Shine coat leave it alone till maintenance is needed. Hope you guys like that job.

Had a custy in an old house last month everyone and their brother couldn't stop her wicking prob; rolled back carpet and the problem was the underlying cork flooring; never cover it!!!!! Rip it up when laying carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom