Concrete garage clean question

BUSY BEE

Two of my rental apt acts want 5 nasty garages cleaned before Thursday, maint guys have tried using TSP and a presure washer and it's not working out, so now they want to pay to do it.

Of course it's an apt/condo rental so they don't want to spend a lot of money, they just want it to "look better".

I plan on using my 175 with a 35 lb. drive plate with a green or black pad for agitation then rinsing with the turbo.

Do you guys have any suggestions? The local Prosoco dealer is closed on Sat. Plus I figured a lot of you guys might know what to use as well.

Lots of oil, tire marks, antifreeze, etc. I was messing around in my garage on an anti freeze spot, Prosoco Surekleen 600 etched/burned it pretty good.

I've never done this before but it's a good start for moving into concrete. All advice and opinions will be appreciated, Thanks, Bill

BlinkClean

Well, We had a 3 Car Garage to clean where the owner was a car tuner (and as you can imagine, it was riddled with oilstains) Over all, I think it had at least 10 Big Oils spots (6"+ in Diameter and about 15 small spots (3"-5" in diamter, and then it had this HUMONGOUS 3' oil stain in the center of the garage (between the two doors, how it got there, beats me :mrgreen: ) Anyway, it was not as hard as we anticipated taking care of it. Get yourself a gallon of either liquid or powdered CITRA-PURE. It is THE most concentrated oil dissolver I have EVER seen.

http://www.klpro.com/Chemicals-Citra_Pu ... lvent.html

or

http://www.klpro.com/Chemicals-6lb_Citr ... tract.html

I personally think the powdered is best, as you can control dilution ratio better, but if you use a sprayer that dilutes automatically, get the liquid.

Just prespray a bit more concentrated than the directions say on the concrete, focusing on any stains, and a light spray on the dirty areas with no stains. Just use the turbo, and it will cut the grease like butter (I know, bad pun :) )

And remember to ALWAYS test in an unnoticable area first!

BUSY BEE

Thanks Daniel. Fabpro huh? That's cool I already buy oxyblaster from them to spice up my alk, so I'm sure it works well. I give it a shot thanks, Bill

BlinkClean

packfancjh said:
Just so you guys know, in case you didn't, Citra Pure is a rebottled NYCO product called Orange D. You can get it at any NYCO disty for about 26 bucks.

http://www.nycoproducts.com/products.asp?pid=76

MSDS is identical for both poducts.
Wow, that's awesome! I didn't know that. Are you sure? I know you mentioned MSDS is the same but citra-pure dissolves in a 1:256 ratio and a gallon of RTS formula ends up costing about 25 cents...which is quite inexpensive...

BUSY BEE

packfancjh said:
Just so you guys know, in case you didn't, Citra Pure is a rebottled NYCO product called Orange D. You can get it at any NYCO disty for about 26 bucks.

http://www.nycoproducts.com/products.asp?pid=76

MSDS is identical for both poducts.
I know this is gonna piss you off. I bought the Citra Pure at the other place for $58.16 :oops: NOT A VERY COST EFFECTIVE decision, but it works pretty good though, I poured it in my water tank on the 175, scrubbed with a green pad held on with a 35 drive plate and rinsed with my turbo with Oxyblaster cleaner. But the real stubborn ones I spot cleaned with Oil Flo by Titan Laboratories. The jobs looked pretty good, the deep oil stains needed to be poulticed, no way a rentals gonna pay for that.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
It should piss you off that he ripped you off. I'll call NYCO tomorrow and see where you can get some orange d if you really want it and for way less.

BlinkClean

packfancjh said:
It should piss you off that he ripped you off. I'll call NYCO tomorrow and see where you can get some orange d if you really want it and for way less.

Excuse me? I ripped who off? I've used citra pure
On 10 year old stains and they come off with a little scrubber magic and a turbo at 2500 psi...and if he says that it didn't work too well for him why would we want the same product in MUCH less concentration for a price that's not even fair payin' at that dilution?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
You didn't rip anybody off, we were talking about another distributor. Sorry if it offended you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom