COMET PUMPOUT ISSUE

sassyotto

Name
Paul
my least favorite part of the truckmount - my Comet Pumpout. For whatever reason, I have to throttle down the machine for it to work. But I got used to that.

Now all of a sudden it stops working, well at least that's what I thought. So today I go into the waste tank and lift the float and it starts to run! OK, clean and reset the check valves, put water in the waste tank and turn on the pumpout. the pumpout runs but no water coming out the front.
Checked the hose going to and from the pumpout and both are clear of debris. So there is water going into the pump but no water coming out of the pump. Remove and reset the check valves. Still no water but pump runs.

Any thoughts as to what it could be?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
my least favorite part of the truckmount - my Comet Pumpout. For whatever reason, I have to throttle down the machine for it to work. But I got used to that.

Now all of a sudden it stops working, well at least that's what I thought. So today I go into the waste tank and lift the float and it starts to run! OK, clean and reset the check valves, put water in the waste tank and turn on the pumpout. the pumpout runs but no water coming out the front.
Checked the hose going to and from the pumpout and both are clear of debris. So there is water going into the pump but no water coming out of the pump. Remove and reset the check valves. Still no water but pump runs.

Any thoughts as to what it could be?
Maybe it’s blocked at the intake hose in the waste tank?

I would drain and flush tank them fill with fresh water and see if that helps

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
the sad thing about most pump outs is that they don't like dirty water with a lot of silt.
solve this by adding a devastator filter or lint hog.
A lint hog is cheaper, but I think you can clean longer with the devastator, because it can hold more.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Maybe it’s blocked at the intake hose in the waste tank?

I would drain and flush tank them fill with fresh water and see if that helps
Thank you but as indicated, I took a hose to both the intake and outgoing hose and both ran water fine. I did fill the waste tank up with water and it will go TO the pumpout but not THROUGH it.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
the sad thing about most pump outs is that they don't like dirty water with a lot of silt.
solve this by adding a devastator filter or lint hog.
A lint hog is cheaper, but I think you can clean longer with the devastator, because it can hold more.
Have used a Devastator since it was installed. Had the PVC pipe one but love the SS one better.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
1.png
Show a picture of you pump out so i know which one it is and then can advise on possible solutions.
should have done that, here it is

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Open it up the u joints with the hex bolt I thought u said you cleaned all the check valves??

If so take it to someone who knows how to repair it

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
That pump is a true semi solid pumping pump.

I am wondering if your motor is weak or if you inlet is somehow blocked with a large solid.

If the motor is fine and getting the correct voltage and amperage then there has to be a blockage or the check valves are not seating as there is not much to this almost bullet proof pump design.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
there is no impeller in this pump out it just has 2 pistons turning off of one crank pumping through check valves for proper water direction/movement.

sam is correct as there are 4 check valves 2 per piston. take the caps off the intake and discharge and clean and inspect check valves.

Nislija

Name
Mario
there is no impeller in this pump out it just has 2 pistons turning off of one crank pumping through check valves for proper water direction/movement.

sam is correct as there are 4 check valves 2 per piston. take the caps off the intake and discharge and clean and inspect check valves.
I had same problem today and searching internet I found this great thread. Until today I was cleaning only top 2 check valves. What happened today was that the pump stopped pumping out waste water, but the pump was still working (sound)...
Be careful how you clean side (horizontal) check valves, you need to disassemble whole thing. It looks exactly like top ones. I cleaned a lot of dirt out of it and the pump works great now!

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
I just went through the same thing. Finally figured it out in my case. The micro switch wasn't always engaging. You can adjust them so there is a definite connection.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
glad this thread got bumped because I now have the answer for the problem!

I tore apart the pump but the diaphrams were like new. I already clean the four check valves monthly (use a Devastator filter)

The problem was actually that one of the plastic "cages" on a check valve was bent so the metal ring did not fit flush. YOU DONT NEED TO GET ALL NEW CHECK VALVES for 60 bucks each. I just got the O rings and plastic cages for all four check valves for about $30 total. I can get the distributors name if anyone is interested.

Works like new!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom