Cleaned an Indians house today with some impossible stains.

Matthew

I cleaned an indians house today and they had some kind of orange spots and stains all over the place and their carpet was cream colored which makes it even more difficult. Anyways, not sure what they were. She had two little ones maybe 2 and 4 years old. The blamed all the stains on the kids. Some of spots faded, but still not to my standards. So what could they be and how do you remove them. Left the house a little disappointed, but she was very happy with the results. Whatever.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Quite possibly curry type stains. The yellowish (I know you said orangish) is a turmeric dye and difficult at best to remove. On wool I find I can very rarely remove them on olefin, often a good success can be achieved, nylon, I don't do a lot of.

There's toys on your side of the world that we don't have like lights etc where you leave it overnight.

Chances are, they wouldn't be wanting to pay any more for you to attempt any advanced stain treatments anyway.

Or they simply could have been sports drinks, really old.

Do you have any of Steve Smiths www.vacaway.com products? He has a few goodies that may have helped. Or perhaps a good old H202 application initially with a good dwell time before cleaning.

John

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I believe he was refering to people from India, not Native Americans.

The stains are probably Kool-Aid/juice or liquid children's tylenol, that tylenol has some wicked tough orange dye.

More likely kids than curry, jeez...

Take care,
Lisa

Matthew

So my question is how do you guys get curry out? Yes, these were indians from India, you know like 7-eleven. Not rain dancing tomahawks. That was funny though.

Many of the stains were yellow and orange. I tried Cobbs spot remover - pog. Then tried my really good spray = ultra pac. Nothing budged this stuff. I know white carpet is not going to look perfect, but at least 90%.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
On Dispersed Dyes, such as Mustard and Curry, the best choice is an accelerated oxidizer like Stain Magic or StainZone and then using a DCI light, using the chemical activator bulb with the stain covered with clear plastic.

okccarpetman

try to use UNBELIEVABLE!, it works on everything, even try LIFT OFF. you need to think about the dwelltyme, the longer you leave them spot removers the better the results are...
white is my fav color carpet to clean!!

my guess is , its fruit/protein spray some enzymes see if you dont see a change in the spots

james

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
dont know about the dots or anything but i know that 30 vol peroxide will be your friend..i have had the same problem/results and always spray it down with the peroxide and check back in with them the next day..99% of the time problem solved.
dave

Matthew

dont know about the dots or anything but i know that 30 vol peroxide will be your friend..i have had the same problem/results and always spray it down with the peroxide and check back in with them the next day..99% of the time problem solved.

So do you mean after your done cleaning, spray the 30 volume and let it sit one whole day, and then call them and ask them if its gone? I have Cobbs - 40 volume, but never tried leaving it a whole day and calling. I would be a little worried her husband might complain about the spots.

try to use UNBELIEVABLE!, it works on everything, even try LIFT OFF. you need to think about the dwelltyme, the longer you leave them spot removers the better the results are...

So where do you get Unbelievable or Lift Off? Who makes it? I have used stain magic on some stains but didn't have any at the time.

G

Use the 40vol the same as you would the Stain Magic,spray it and forget it,sounds like an infomercial huh?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Matthew said:

So do you mean after your done cleaning, spray the 30 volume and let it sit one whole day, and then call them and ask them if its gone? I have Cobbs - 40 volume, but never tried leaving it a whole day and calling. I would be a little worried her husband might complain about the spots.

[quote:1aktkxpo]
[/quote:1aktkxpo]

yep spray it and go home. i always call my customers back if i post treat a spot to make sure it did what it was supposed to do. i would rather be the one calling than to have them call me to say it didnt go away.

better he complains to you so you can talk to him about it than to 100 people behind your back.

DRScrivner

Lyman said:
I swear I posted on this topic yesterday.
hmmmmm...seems i have had my post deleted for the first time- I feel so proud.

And I wasn't even being mean at all I was making an explanation- now I'm not so proud.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
This thread seems vaguely familiar.
Hmmm.
Could have sworn I posted on it.
I think the carpet chems are gettin to my brain man.
:roll:

glenboy

Name
GLEN
i think u should just move on cuz my experience wit INDIA INDIANS is theywill pay for nothing heck the guy across the street from me is from india and he wont use his snowblower cuz he wont buy gas .nor will he use porch lites or even indoor lites so i know he wont be paying for stain removal :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom