Cimex for agitation and applying chems for HWE

Name
Jeff T
Ive got a large apt to do tomorrow. It’s 5 floors, and 3 stair cores. Instead of using the HF to apply prespray, then running the CRB, I’m thinking of just using the Cimex with the solution in the tank. Is it going to cut down on time? Do I use pads (grey), or run the brushes? The stairs I’m going to use my electric sprayer, and my little Oreck with blue brush.... can I expect the same results with the Cimex? They’ve requested HWE, no SCAMpoo...I need to cut down on the time, as the PM posted the work being done, I’ve also got 11 occupied apts to do....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I never do suites as I am cleaning the common areas. Takes to long and you end up doing a half assed job on both. Do the building first, then post a day for doing suites. Unless it's filthy, probably no need to scrub. Use your hydro force, then get on the wand. That building will take me and a helper about 5 hours to do.

Name
Jeff T
I’m trying a system in order to cut down on time. He building is a PITA to park at, and the suites are on every level. My porty is a POS. I’ve got a very large job coming up, and they’ve added a large extra area. I’m trying to get the system down for that job. I’ve got 7.5 hrs to get 10 hrs of work done. It pays VERY well, I’ve got to get the system DOWN. Tomorrow is a trial. If I’m able to get it done properly in 7.5 hrs, they will give me 3 more just like it. They are willing to pay 3500$.....

Name
Matt Middleton
It will work great if it's trashed. The planetary action is excellent for scrubbing. I'd use pads over brushes.

If it's only moderately soiled, it may not be worth the effort. It could actually take you longer manipulating the beast when it's not needed.
Ditto.

Name
Jeff T
It will work great if it's trashed. The planetary action is excellent for scrubbing. I'd use pads over brushes.

If it's only moderately soiled, it may not be worth the effort. It could actually take you longer manipulating the beast when it's not needed.
The last time they had it cleaned was 2014. The building is full of foot draggers and walkers.... it’s a seniors building. The halls look like the animal trails in the Serengeti. There’s no way spray and splash is going to cut it. I need to agitate. Some of the residents have already asked about ‘lingering chemical smell’. SO, I will ask AGAIN, CIMEX, OR, CRB......

J

JS41035

On trashed cgd nothing works as good as a Cimex for agitation. Most of the time it is a hassle to haul it out. But in big areas it is amazing. Shower feed some diluted prespray after the initial prespray with HF.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The cimex will definitely eliminate the strong smell, because you're not putting any mist in the air like a HF would do. You can get away with adding some more butyl in the mix and not have to worry about the smell being too much of a factor that way.

The only thing I was concerned with is getting that cimex up 3 stair ways, unless there's an elevator waiting for you.

Name
Steve Lawrence
The cimex will definitely eliminate the strong smell, because you're not putting any mist in the air like a HF would do. You can get away with adding some more butyl in the mix and not have to worry about the smell being too much of a factor that way.

The only thing I was concerned with is getting that cimex up 3 stair ways, unless there's an elevator waiting for you.

Be careful. These old codgers can be fussy. Sounds like a good job!

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Put your prespray into the Cimex tank. Prescrub and apply the prespray in a single shot. Use the beige FiberPlus pads for residential carpet (not gray). Feather out the prespray solution lightly. You'll have terrific agitation. Then extract like normal. Prepare to be impressed. :clap:

As Matt said, pulling a Cimex up a bunch of stairs can be a pain. Hopefully you have BigBoy wheels on your Mex. And if you have a helper - it makes it easier if you have one person pulling on the handle while a second person helps to lift and guide the head up the stairs.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Just so you know, my chimps, uh crew are using your method in one of my schools. It works great. They’re zippering after Cimex because it wasn’t flushed last year. But man, I wish you could just Cimex around those seniors.
Best of luck on that! Be careful!
By the way, I know I’m an idiot, but they’re on the 2nd floor with an elevator using a Bane with a zipper with propane heat, and the zipper is killing it. Fyi

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Jeff T
well, 12 hrs later, I’m done. Ended up doing 13 apts, 3 couches, 5 arm chairs, a few on site area rugs, the 2 couches in the foyer, a little T&G and s boat load of CGD. What a day. I’m pretty tired. On the up side, the Cimex with grey pads, and shower fed a mix of flex w/ CS, mixed 50/50 with Flex Fire KICKS ASS. That’s my new go to for CGD. It was shocking how good it looked. The PM was taking pics and emailing to the owner. I need to get something to eat....

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
IF it's shitty, that'd be great.

BUT...

If not it's going to take a long time to scrub and AGES to dry and the mex will drop WAY more than the injection sprayer.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Put your prespray into the Cimex tank. Prescrub and apply the prespray in a single shot. Use the beige FiberPlus pads for residential carpet (not gray). Feather out the prespray solution lightly. You'll have terrific agitation. Then extract like normal. Prepare to be impressed. :clap:

Feather out the prespray solution lightly. Feathering out the solution and walking quickly with the Cimex limits the chance of over-wetting the carpet.

Last edited:

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I also only open the ball valve about half way so its not getting the full solution flow. But I also have a big enough truck behind me to extract whatever I put down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom