Check out my Logo

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
logo4.jpg

Looks nice............

diamond brian said:
Very striking! Why do you have a floor buffer on it?

It's not technically a buffer per say. Its supposed to be a rotary shampoo or OP machine. I will be implementing a two step process along with the HWE. I did not outline a shampoo tank to make it less confusing.

Johnnyone said:
looks good

How big is it on the van?

Thanks!

I am not sure yet. That's the next step of the process. I will be putting this on a red minivan for now. This will allow me to utilize all my profits towards anything that is necessary for my business. I plan on buying/financing a white cargo van in the next 6 months.

Come on people 215 views and 11 posts. If you have taken the time to look and read the posts then you have time to write a quick comment. Lets have them!!

G

Only thing I thought was are you targetting the market you want. I get a manly type feel when I look at that.

diamond brian

OK Carl, I was taking a jab with the floor buffer comment. But seriously, can't you find a silhouette of a van for your logo? For your prospective customers that have tried Chem-Dry once (nobody falls for it 2wice), you're gonna hit a nerve--maybe subconsciously.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Though it seldom happens I agree with Mister D Smith - it doesn't matter what we think anyway - show it to a few women and see what they think !!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Few know what a rotary (OP, shampooer) is or does, at least they wouldn't know what the silhouette is...those that do may have had bad experiences.

I would go for something large and eyecatching on the side, It is very important that they can easily figure out what you do at a glance on the side of the van/truck...either by picture or text, they should have no doubt what you do. On the back is where you can afford to put more details, because they MIGHT write it down at a stoplight, make your phone # prominent.

On the side you want that eye-catching, distinctive logo and name, because they often just see it in passing. there can be more details for walk-ups and drive-by's but the side logo must be LARGE, bold and memorable.

As for the Steeler's theme, many women love sports and would find it positive, but it does nothing for me (I'm not a sports fan). The curved name around the border is hard to read, especially at a glance driving by, I do like the skyline part though, it's simple and memorable, though it doesn't evoke a psychological tie to what you do, just where you do it.

This should serve you well for the time being, as you said, but look to have someone design you a really good wrap and logo when you are at that point financially.

In my area, my van's graphics were inexpensive and drew a lot of drive-by and walk-up calls, the vinyl paid for itself in the first week:

Van005.jpg

Van004.jpg

The huge spot logo was very distinctive and easy to remember.

Take care,
Lisa

To be truthful it looks like a janitorial company. Like others have said, esp. Lisa, what does it say to middle age women...our customers???
Nothing!!!
Rob.

G

Why show that 1960's technology of that floor buffer!

Looks great :)

How bot them Boys!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
truckmount girl said:
Few know what a rotary (OP, shampooer) is or does, at least they wouldn't know what the silhouette is...those that do may have had bad experiences.

I would go for something large and eyecatching on the side, It is very important that they can easily figure out what you do at a glance on the side of the van/truck...either by picture or text, they should have no doubt what you do. On the back is where you can afford to put more details, because they MIGHT write it down at a stoplight, make your phone # prominent.

On the side you want that eye-catching, distinctive logo and name, because they often just see it in passing. there can be more details for walk-ups and drive-by's but the side logo must be LARGE, bold and memorable.

As for the Steeler's theme, many women love sports and would find it positive, but it does nothing for me (I'm not a sports fan). The curved name around the border is hard to read, especially at a glance driving by, I do like the skyline part though, it's simple and memorable, though it doesn't evoke a psychological tie to what you do, just where you do it.

This should serve you well for the time being, as you said, but look to have someone design you a really good wrap and logo when you are at that point financially.

In my area, my van's graphics were inexpensive and drew a lot of drive-by and walk-up calls, the vinyl paid for itself in the first week:

Van005.jpg

Van004.jpg

The huge spot logo was very distinctive and easy to remember.

Take care,
Lisa

what she said, lisa must have been listening when the marketing guys talk

GRHeacock

I agree- too hard to read at a glance, and take that roto out of there.

Instead, put the carpet, furniture, tile, grout, in the center where it would be easier to read at a glance, and off the outer part.

Leave the phone number in the outer part at the bottom.

Try it that way, then ask some ladies about it.

Gary

Thanks everyone for posting. I truly appreciate constructive criticism. You have brought up many valid points. I am planning on leaving like this for now as I get a 60/40 positive/negative feedback from the logo. I may look into getting it redone when I have a cargo van. Thanks Lisa for the good suggestions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom