cat pee on sofa.. any tips?

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
this happened yesterday morning. she said it went through both cushions... the seat cushion and the frame section of the sofa. I've got some Hydrocide, Biomodifier, OSR and molecular modifier. Most of my training for treatment of urine issues has been for carpet not upholstery.

What would be the best product(s) to use and how to clean?

Thanks for any tips!

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
have one i gotta do this weekend same situation.

G

Are the inner cushions removeable? I doubt that it soaked through the cushion and the frame, I think it probably rolled down.Anyway, if the covers come off then you can clean them seperately. now the cushion if not replaced,you could try injecting hydrocide into affected areas, it is hard to say because I dont know what materials you are dealing with.

Kevin

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The products and principles are the same, but the fabric is the variable.

If the upholstery fabric is synthetic (nylon/polyester/olefin/acrylic.....NOT rayon or acetate) the saturation techniques will likely be safe, but get some type of understanding that you can't be responsible for water soluble markers that may have been used on cushion foam or on the back of the fabric. Also understand that other materials used in the internal construction might bleed through to the surface.

If the material is made of natural fibers, or synthetic fibers with a cellulose base (rayon and acetate), saturation techniques could possibly cause bleeding, browning, shrinkage, and/or water stains.

All work should be at the customer's risk, and make sure you have that in writing.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Large garbage bag, spray with a bio based urine nuetralizer, spray VERY liberally(after running tests), place in garbage bag, stick vac hose in garbage bag, seal and suck flat. The nuetralizer will be dispersed throughout the foam as well as satuating the fabric. If you use the proper product, the problem will be rersolved in most cases. Oh yeah- clean it first.

Spurling

has anyone ever tried to take the cushion out of the covering, ( if possible) and soak it in a bathtub ..wringin it to death .. flushing it under the water spout. ..would this work ? if so ..after wringing it , maybe put it in a plasic bag , put the fabric back over it to clean the fabric .. then of course take the bag off , spray the deo and then put the whole covered cushion into the bag and suck out all of the air allowing the deo to penetrate. sounds like it may work ..

wouldnt a peed on fabric be considered damaged goods ... therefore since we are trying to reverse the damage .. any steps taken to restore the goods that may cause potential damage during the process should not be held against the cleaner

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I had a guy call the other day with the same situation. I turned it down thinking it would be cheaper for him to replace the cushion.

Would quatalot work with Willy's method?. Old stinky cat urine?. I take it you leave the customers to open the bags in a day or so right. Might be worth a shot.

Albert

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Thanks for the suggestions guys. My biggest concern was how to treat the cushion, I forgot to mention that in my first post. I'll give the garbage bag trick a shot, sounds like the easiest way to treat the cushion. I'm not going to mess around with trying to stuff the cushion back in the pillowcase afterwards.

From what I've read in other threads, I guess I should pick up some Quat from Judson and put that on my truck too.

Thanks again everyone!

Back
Top Bottom