Cat Pee and Judson Quat-A-Lot

Bob Foster

I believe cat pee is worse than dog pee. But if you don't deodorize right nothing is going to get the stink out. That means you got to get your deodorizer down to where the pee is.

Last weekend I did a CP job and like all the other ones I have done with Judson Quat-A-Lot it came out great.

You have to soak the crap out of the carpet - get it good and wet with a mild quat solution and then agitate it in and allow at least 20 minute dwell. Then pre-spray and allow that to dwell and then extract and flush the hell out of it and dry stroke extra and the cause of the stink will be gone.

My customer had two cats pissing on walls furniture and the carpet over the last two year and he is now very happy. I am going back tomorrow to do the rest of the house as they requested I do the house in two sessions.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I've been looking for an effective way to treat urine with out percarbonate (foam is a PIA) , so I got a couple questions.

At What dilution do you use the Quat?

Do you soak it then extract with a waterclaw?

Prespray with more Quat?

Can quat be used as a general deodorizer or is it meant for pee.

Of course even if this works as good as you say you still have the stain to deal with.... what do you recommend?

Thanks

Bob Foster

tman7 said:
I've been looking for an effective way to treat urine with out percarbonate (foam is a PIA) , so I got a couple questions.

I put one to two ounce maximum in my no tip 5 quart hydroforce jug

If it's a pooled common pee area - like dogs do or where a know repeat spot is. In this case I claw out the quat before prespray.

Prespray with more Quat?
No, with your regular pre-spray. My preference is Judson Juice but you could use what ever you want. If you were on a non-wool carpet you could use an enzyme pre-spray for an extra wammy but I have found you don't need to do this in my own experiments.

Quat-A-Lot is effective on odors that come from organic origins. Vomit, blood, urine, food, mildew etc. I don't have any experience using it post smoke, post smoke-mineral fire etc.

Of course even if this works as good as you say you still have the stain to deal with.... what do you recommend?

Depends on the stain.

Thanks

tman7 said:

Prespray with more Quat?

Thanks

4 oz of 02-PRESPRAY with 2 OZ of QUAT-A-LOT to one gallon of water

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Cool, I'm gonna have to get some Quat. Thats a great dilution ratio, very cost effective compared to Odorcide. About $1.17 a gal RTU!

Leslie, I won a quart of the DD-12 in that raffel, Ive used it as a general deodorizer a couple of times, seems to work well. Can it also be used on pet urine? How do the two products differ?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Leslie Judson Jones said:
4 oz of 02-PRESPRAY with 2 OZ of QUAT-A-LOT to one gallon of water

I haven’t tried quaternary ammonia on urine. I guess I’ll give it a shot if it can take care of tom cat pee. Tom musk / pee is something I have just about given up on. I’m guessing the stuff could make a real mess if it was mixed with other cleaning products or protectors and applied to the whole carpet as it is cationic.

wired

I have used Judson Juice on cat and dog urine works very well. Brush it in let dwell 20 minutes at least then extract with RX20 going slow to make sure I do not miss any. If it is a big dog who pees down into the padding then easier to change the affected area with new padding then start process... STEVE

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Wired would you at least go back into your profile and put your full name so people know who you are?

G

When I get a call from a cat owner about pee stink; I take an Ultra Violet light; If it is a just 1 or 2 places I treat and extreme extract. If the cat has a piss party get techs to remove carpet and replace pad; treat concrete/floor base boards. Pit clean carpet and air dry.

Back
Top Bottom