Carpet Cleaner Burnout

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I enjoyed rereading that article Loren.

I am getting pretty worn out myself. I am thinking of going with a price increase as some have mentioned. I have been putting it off due to the so called bad economy, but I have turned down at least 15 jobs this month. There's just not enough hours in a day so I am going to aim for the customers willing to pay a little more and possibly switch to sq. ft. pricing. Heck I might even get a box of booties.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
must be the time of year . i to am feeling the pain...5am call outs, working 43hrs out of 48hrs , jail cells,water damage, apts , a few houses ....sore knees from kicking carpet the list goes on and on ...sometimes i wish i was not as dumb as mikey and just put another two trucks on the road and ran the biz....but i love been on the road and doing the work....
but i get a breakaway for a week the 18th to 25th of next month

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've had that. Hard to get going in the morning.
I find I like talking to the clients, getting to know them.
If I start thinking of what I'm getting out of it then I start getting bummed out.
WHen I think that I am providing a good service for this person, cleaning it as if I were going to live there, then I feel good at the end.
It helps to make enough on the job to justify the time. Cleaned furniture all day, 6hrs, 2 chairs, 2 sofas, and an ottoman, with $480, plus protectant.

Mikey P

Administrator
I find I like talking to the clients, getting to know them.

Down Ron, DOWN!

It is the time of year boys.
We too are turning them away, booked for weeks out and l o n g days.

Even the chimp is bitching. Crying for a raise. My wife reminded me (and will him tomorrow) that he'll get a $3.00 an hour raise as soon as he pays off his debts to us.

and before you know it it will be January and we'll all be here at 11 am crying in our milk about Obama ruining our careers

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jump off the truck and sub out all your work.
Start a side career.
Harper in 5......4......3.....2....

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
its better being close to burnout than being out of the business like some guys are.

My employee is flying to seattle driving to LA and flying back to boston 18 o 26th of aug and i get to go to conway in Mt washington valley Nh the week of labor day- can't wait but I'll only have 1 van on the road for 2 weeks - ouch

ah the joys of small business :)

Terry

Ron K

When you are busy as hell SCHEDULE time off. Start at 12:00 one day. Go to a ball game with your kid. Take the wife out. The reason we all work hard is to enjoy life. Take some time off, get a message or a nooner. 8)

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
It’s better to burn out then fade away. I am the John Henry of carpet care. I don’t mind working my azz off as long as I see it going somewhere. I have burned out before. I burned out not because of too much work, but because of the stupidity level when I had a partner or was part of a seedy franchise. An old timer told me don’t quit, that’s the secret. Just, don’t quit. I never have quit on my idea of carving out a little piece of the American Dream through small business, I just had to regroup and come back with a better plan a few times.

JCoviello

rjfdube said:
Mikey P said:

Now there's an Idea; Buy a vacuum that cost as much as a house !! Well at least in this part of the country!!

:shock:

No wonder you guys can afford to live on $10 per room specials! :lol:

We call that a down payment around here. :(

Back
Top Bottom