Bycast Leather

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I very rarely come across this stuff.

What are the latest and greatest products to clean and protect this garbage, err, imitation/reconstituted leather furniture.

I have been told (unofficially) that the normal A & P type cleaners and protectors cannot be used.

Others have told me that it can.

I'm in a quandary. :cry:

Help. :oops:

Ooroo,

:roll:

harryhides

Name
Tony
Shorty, rather than try to make a hard and fast rule, I'd simply test in a hidden area and proceed as per your test results.

Roger Koh

The latest and greatest product to clean is using universal leather-safe cleaning products
(that may include degreaser, preconditioner, sanitizer, deodorizer, fungicide, bactericide, neutralizer, and other specialty cleaners):

with pH value between 3-5 that the user does not worry about the ABC of leather type (that may result in adverse effect);

with high surfactantcy that cuts soil effectively;

with crystal clear clarity that brings out the color brightness;

without the solvency or alkalinity that causes streaks, brightness or a tacky feel;

without the VOC that is health and environmental friendly;

without the solid contents that leaves a cloudy residue.

Even then it is still technical right to acid rinse off all suspended residues to leave the chemistry integrity of the leather intact.

To protect, the only sensible protection is using a urethane bicast topcoat that matches the original sheen either gloss or satin.

A draggy-feel surface conditioner eliminates lightening effect cause by stretch or scratch with an unforgettable classic leather scent.

Now!

At least a blind man may swear that it is leather and not “garbage” because “the scent of leather is more leathery than the leather itself”.

Roger

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Got to the job on Tuesday.

It was a pigmented leather. :shock:

We get very few bycast leathers here.

Thank you both for your interest.

Ooroo,

:roll:

Roger Koh

Bicast or Bycast, but be careful on the “heat-sensitive” type - the real Outcast!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom