By Hoki! (trying to get the funk out)

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
This afternoons job was doing carpets and mattresses on a 6 crew Hoki fishing trawler.

Yep all the usual grease and grime you'd expect on a fishing boat that hadn't seen anything than basic cleaning for 12 months. But OHH DAMN THE SMELL! :eekk:

There any deodorisers out there that could possibly deal with such high biological odours even short term?
They've had change of ownership and are possibly looking to get cleaned and deodorised every crew shift which is 2wk turn around

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
they want a commercial fishing trawler to smell nice??

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-gif-5.gif

..L.T.A.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
6 trawlers in their fleet to smell nice actually

they put me on the worst one, they said alot depends on the crew/captain

but 6 boats every 2 wks is worth doing, based on 1 I did thats 1.5 days in the fortnight taken care of

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
This afternoons job was doing carpets and mattresses on a 6 crew Hoki fishing trawler.

Yep all the usual grease and grime you'd expect on a fishing boat that hadn't seen anything than basic cleaning for 12 months. But OHH DAMN THE SMELL! :eekk:

There any deodorisers out there that could possibly deal with such high biological odours even short term?
They've had change of ownership and are possibly looking to get cleaned and deodorised every crew shift which is 2wk turn around
they actually have carpets....?Sure hope you did a burn test to determine the best way to approach that!!!:lol::lol:

Reactions: Fat Mike

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Give chlorine dioxide a look. Does wonders on smells with the gas and if you use liquid then it is a sanitizer.
I've heard of it and used a low % liquid before, never been able to find much info on when to use what % for what application though?

I spoke to a local manufacturer and he wasn't very helpful either just said tell me what % you want and I'll make it :headscratch:

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
I've heard of it and used a low % liquid before, never been able to find much info on when to use what % for what application though?

I spoke to a local manufacturer and he wasn't very helpful either just said tell me what % you want and I'll make it :headscratch:
I have bought some from my Interlink. Not a lot of information , even with the product. I have not used it yet, still looking for just the the right place. The Interlink product is marketed by New Source Network. BUT, is packaged by a company Reset. They do have a web page.
I bought several different sizes. I did get a reply one time when I queried via their online site.
He told me that pretty much all over here is made by one company and repackaged/private labeled.
Their site does say somewhere , (if I remember correctly) that a common price is around .03 per cub ft. when gassing. I looked at how much/many of the different sizes would be needed to deodorize an apt. I was looking at trying it in. Seemed like the cost was way too much and it did not make sense.
The property promtly went out and purchased their own ozone machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom