Business card magnets as flyers. Your thoughts?

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
We usually take 4X6 postcards around as flyers. With all the metal doors and mailboxes around here we're gonna give business card magnets a try with a corresponding landing page. Both of these are a little busier than I'd like. I'm leaning towards the one on the left. Gena says either one. Whada you think?

spots1.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
Easier to read the text of the one on the right.

As usual AWESOME stuff Wayne. Before spring I need to talk to you.

Thanks
Lee

F

FB7777

I like the one on the right better

How about adding the dark blue background across the bottom to highlight the bottom text like on the left design?

Bjorn

I have to say over time you might like to come up with some new stuff

all your copy is pretty much cookie cutter from something else like you only have the one template

not saying it does not look good and as long as you don't sell to more than one person in one area

but it's starting to all look alike

you need both business cards and magnets

F

FB7777

put a screwdriver on the magnet and it will get the Nordic seal of Approval

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Thanks, Lee.

What do you think, Fred? Feels a little scrunched up to me.

spots2.jpg

What can I say, Terry, it's a great little pic. I've posted it several times. IMHO it's a good image for a CC ad. But, it's new for us. We just started using it in the past few months.

I've always made our refriderator magnets with Badge-A-Minit, Goop and some heavy duty magnets from Walmart. They're nice but time consuming to make. We're using these to go door-to-door and or mailbox-to-mailbox, not as leave-behinds. It should be easier than stuffing postcards into door handles and behind mailbox flags. We've got different business cards.

One of the printers we use is giving free printing for Christmas so we'll be sending this off in a few days. Postcards and flyers. too. It'll match our new YP ad.

bc111.jpg

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
I didn't think you did. I know what you're saying. I just hope they bring in some work. It's been slow for December. I can hardly wait for January and February.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Wayne's stuff has gotten me a ton of work this year... I depended on val-pak to make up for flyers this summer and worked for shit! I started back on the flyers and been busy as hell ever since. This flyer here is woking like crazy!

Cookie cutter my ass, custom made.... :wink:

flyer_tater.jpg

anderqual

I think the magnets look good and would probably work good for sticking to steel mailboxes but what percentage of the houses are going to have steel doors not wood or fiberglass? Of those steel doors how many are behind aluminum screen doors that would have to be opened by you to stick the magnet. If the home owner doesn't use their front door as the primary entrance to there home how long is that magnet going to sit behind the closed screen door? How many home owners are going to be pissed you opened the screen door?

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
lol, Richard. But, which layout would you go with?

You're right, Matt, they won't work for everything. There are lots of fiberglass and wood doors. There are also a lot of neighborhoods with steel mail boxes and steel community mail boxes. Doors would definitely be cool but we're thinking more about mail boxes and the time savings. We're ordering similar postcards and flyers at the same time.

Personally, I prefer to put flyers inside the storm door. Will people be offended? I suppose. Maybe not so surprisingly, though, most aren't. In fact, I've never had anyone not say thanks if they were outside to hand it to. Still, I'm always waiting for somebody to say something about leaving "your trash" on their door. There's one in every crowd. Two come to mind. That's not so bad. After a quick apology and a wee bit of charm a third went out of her way to show me the community bulletin board.

Bottom line is, like everything, it's a numbers game. If you can expect a 2% or 3% return from something on a good day are you really gonna worry about the handful of homeowners who might be offended or use a different door? The more you can get out and the faster you can get them out the better. One decent job pays for few thousand magnets.

My biggest fear is they'll end up sitting along side the box of commercial brochures I got over the summer......

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're right Lee sometimes it's barely safe to go home, between the wife, 16-year old daughter and the twins. My son just locks himself in his room. LOL

Wayne that's difficult I like them all, maybe this one on the right.
bc111.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Most people around here go in the garage door.

Drive in and go thru garage.

Isn't it illegal to put anything on a mailbox?

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
That's what I hear, Jimmy, but everybody does it.

That's for a business card, Richard. We want some kind of offer on the magnets. Since there's not much room to do that the next best thing is to drive people to an offer on the Internet.

http:coupons.drynamic.com wasn't very attention grabbing. And, if you throw in a WWW, and people will, it doesn't work, so I went with LookMomNoSpots.com. Besides, it's more memorable, more fun and easier to remember. It goes to a landing page with a specific offer that we can update whenever we want.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom