Burn the green cleaners!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ok so we all know that everybody has a slightly different definition of green cleaning. But lets call an apple an apple and an orange an orange. I've seen this particular posting on several different websites. And quite frankly it irks me that someone is going to call a low moisture process like xerion healthier for a home than outside vented HWE that is properly performed.

So Who wants to start a comment debate on Merchant Circle???

http://www.merchantcircle.com/blogs/Ser ... een/181022

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Wait to you hear the NEWEST "FAD"....

There is a guy in my AREA...Promoting "ORGANIC CLEANING" "NOW ain't that the SHIT" :lol:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
"You see mam if I spread this organic fertizilizer from the local puppy kennel, all of your old stains and smells will magically disapear!"

:mrgreen:

Name
I'm Rick James
True green can never be achived in this industry or in life. You can only work towards it.

I bet if you ask 10 different people what GREEN is and I bet you can get 10 different answers.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I see nothing wrong with that article...he states the truth about truck mounted equipment and companies advertising "clean green" while using them. That is great PR in my opinion.

Spurling

In response to Merchant Circle :

Wouldnt a portable create ''Dirty Air'' if you were sucking up something nasty (piss) or sucking up solvent from paint or gum removal .. everyone in the home would breathe that in ..

Wouldnt a portable use ''More Water'' if you had to use 2 or 3 times the amount to remove soil equivelent to a truckmounts capabilities ..

Wouldnt a portable have ''Excess Noise'' .. 2-3 vac motors screaming and echo-ing through the house .. the pump vibrating the floors .. some of these people might go deaf ..

Yeah I guess the guy was right .. ''Dirty Air + More Water + Excess Noise = CANNOT Equal Green''

BUSY BEE

"green cleaning " anything licks balls. Just a idiotic fad for profit, anyone who buys into that bullshit is naive or jumping on a bandwagon that's gonna come back to haunt them, reminds me of Chem Dry. Sorry green cleaners it's just a fad......but hey...it's only my opinion.. I hear the new Spinergy Monkey Ass Pads are a new "green way" to polish marble...oh yeah...Bridgepoint licks balls as well for that phony baloney...those guys should stick to carpet cleaning

Name
I'm Rick James
BUSY BEE said:
"green cleaning " anything licks balls. Just a idiotic fad for profit, anyone who buys into that bullshit is naive or jumping on a bandwagon that's gonna come back to haunt them, reminds me of Chem Dry. Sorry green cleaners it's just a fad......but hey...it's only my opinion.. I hear the new Spinergy Monkey Ass Pads are a new "green way" to polish marble...oh yeah...Bridgepoint licks balls as well for that phony baloney...those guys should stick to carpet cleaning

I would bet you are already using "green" cleaning products if not you soon will be. Does that mean you lick balls?

BUSY BEE

Brent said:
BUSY BEE said:

I would bet you are already using "green" cleaning products if not you soon will be. Does that mean you lick balls?
Dude, why would I post that if I was using them? The only way I'll use them is when the govt (yer heros) make me. And if it comes to that I'll still find a way to spike 'em with solvents and all the earth polluting chemicals you want to ban with yer commie agenda. BTW I don't lick balls, I treasure WANGDANGSWEETPOONTANG.

Walt

sweendogg said:
Ok so we all know that everybody has a slightly different definition of green cleaning. But lets call an apple an apple and an orange an orange. I've seen this particular posting on several different websites. And quite frankly it irks me that someone is going to call a low moisture process like xerion healthier for a home than outside vented HWE that is properly performed.

So Who wants to start a comment debate on Merchant Circle???

http://www.merchantcircle.com/blogs/Ser ... een/181022

He makes a couple of good points about claiming green. However, it's a little ridiculous if you think about it. With that line of reasoning we should have our mail delivered by donkey. It might take 3 months for the letter to arrive, but at least it's green :roll:

This is the way I see it - Most customers who buy green aren't buying it because of mother nature. They are buying it because they perceive it as being a safer option for them and their children. If you argue that point with them, you will lose every time (they are the customer after all). So, it only makes sense to offer a solution to a problem they have.

I wrote a blog on understanding green cleaning a while back that would bore most of you to tears - http://ecocleanworld.com/news/greenisup/

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
This is the way I see it - Most customers who buy green aren't buying it because of mother nature. They are buying it because they perceive it as being a safer option for them and their children. If you argue that point with them, you will lose every time (they are the customer after all). So, it only makes sense to offer a solution to a problem they have.

Walt is correct

As a person who takes care of a Silver LEED building and has to have a GS-42 & 47 standard, having everything as green as possible it is pretty easy. Most of the costs of the products are the same price as the nongreen products in the jansan side of the business. The carpet cleaning industry it isn't.

green is kind of a cradle to grave type situation, you have to look at everything from reduced packaging to how it is recycled to how you perform your work, to the tools you use, the list just keeps going

there is nothing wrong with better cleaning tools associated with green cleaning

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I'm glad this thread sparked such a variety of responce. My personal opinion is that there is a big difference between green cleaning and cleaning green. Everybody can use products and say they are green cleaning. But to clean green, i feel you should be leaving a home as healthy as it can be. And part of that is being able to flush out as much contaminants as possible in the healthiest way possible, and responsible disposal of the contaminated water. Along with the male comment, lets get more personal. I absolutly guarentee that there are more harmful bacteria, germs and lord knows what coming out of each and every one of our bowels. We could potentially say that if we really want to be green, we have to go back outside and crap in a whole instead of flushing it with water down the drain. :shock:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
HARPER said:
Wait to you hear the NEWEST "FAD"....

There is a guy in my AREA...Promoting "ORGANIC CLEANING" "NOW ain't that the SHIT" :lol:
GUy here has "aromatherapy cleaning", he cleans with essential oils
His cleaning soln is called Flower power,.
he has a video about it on his site, www.joe-the-carpetcleaner.com
and www.aromatherapycleaning.com/

Its a little hoaky, haven't really heard much feedback about it. I need to phone a pick up a bottle of the cleaner to see how it works

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
That guy has truckmount envy!!

STEAM CLEANING EQUIPMENT

We provide a portable self-contained electric powered cleaning system. Our equipment has electric heating elements and a dual electric vacuum pump. Our portable equipment is outfitted with a strong spray pump that injects a high temperature rinsing agent into the carpet or upholstery without causing any damage.

Our choice to use a self-contained unit provides consistent high temperature steam at the carpet for the most effective and efficient injection system. Our self-contained unit also provides the most efficient vacuum power for the carpet optimized to a degree to achieve maximum cleaning performance without causing any damage to the carpet, sub-flooring or upholstery. It is not practicable to employ strong “jet engine” suction. The suction, or vacuum has to be regulated and optimized to achieve maximum cleaning without causing damage.

Our self-contained unit also provides the best and safest spraying system. High pressures in the spraying system can cause damage in the carpet and upholstery. Many are familiar with high-pressure washers, which can easily cut a tree in half. Not to mention carpet. The pressure in the electric portable carpet cleaning system is optimized to provide maximum cleaning with no damage to the carpet or upholstery.

In a van or truck mounted carpet cleaning system, the hot water or steam needs to travel on an average 50 meters. The motor cooling radiator functions pretty much the same way. In cooler months a substantial heat loss will occur through the 50-meter long pipe, which is exposed to outside ambient air. By the time the solution reaches the surface to be cleaned, the solution may be only lukewarm, resulting in huge loss of cleaning efficiency.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
He runs a Ninja 150 I believe, not sure if he has heat.
Everytime I read that I want to write a rebuttle! or call him up and get him up to speed. He's never taken a IICRC course, just a local college course on janitorial carpet cleaning.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Couple of good points in the article air pollution, noise, water. The water at 3gpm is over the top and the dumping of dirty water doesn't apply to all. Catch 22 though because nothing cleanes better then hwe. Pad makes it look clean so if you can bs your way into it it will appeal to a lot of people. After you have op'd a commercial glue down spray some solution on a very small area and scrape with Greenies key thingy, you'll see how much dirt you left behind. :oops:

Albert

gary mackay

Guy offers same exact service here & makes exact same claims. He leaves the chemical residues in the carpet with his 2 Nylon Bonnets & high speed buffer & I don't. I just have to continually counter his claims, soon he will surrender to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom