Browsing Yelp and Reading Competitor Reviews

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
When I browse through Yelp, I like to read competitor reviews. It always makes you know you are doing something right if your reviews don't look like this:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/silver-state-carpet-cleaning-las-vegas

Check out the filtered reviews too.

I'm not sure I can even call this company a competitor with how shitty it seems they do their work. Anyone else have any horrible competitor Yelp's they can share? It teaches you how NOT to run your business if not for anything else.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I realize that I am not the most advanced person in the world when it comes to Google, Angies List, Yelp and so on, but it seems to me that we just don't have a whole lot of energy down here in any of those venues.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That is amazing.
You got to appreciate the consistency. It takes a lot of effort to get that many bad reviews.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The one that caught my attention was the first one where the cleaner was spending far too much time in personal conversation with the customer.

The bait and switch and pressure complaints were horrible to the point of tragic comedy, but the first one made me wonder how many well meaning, but misguided employees, if not even actual owners, stray far too deeply into their customers' private lives (and/or reveal too much of their own) during a cleaning job.

Today's customer likely took time off of work to arrange for cleaning, and probably lined up other things to do once that time was taken off. The last thing they need is to hear long stories about someone's life, or have their own lives and choices questioned.

Situations like this also are those most likely to lead to individuals on either side of the transaction to make a "pass" at the other.

Nothing but personal and professional disaster can result when this happens.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
The one that caught my attention was the first one where the cleaner was spending far too much time in personal conversation with the customer.

Today's customer likely took time off of work to arrange for cleaning, and probably lined up other things to do once that time was taken off. The last thing they need is to hear long stories about someone's life, or have their own lives and choices questioned.

Holy cow... His girlfriend wanted to use her computer for facebook!?! omg....

He called the home owner a "baby hater"??? OMG...

Thank goodness I have a brain and the ability to speak/carry on a conversation... At this point as an OO it's pretty easy to read(to a point) people. Talkers and non talkers.

Polite carpet cleaning related conversation, some advice, just enough to let them know you are not a weirdo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom