Brown out

richd8980

seem to be getting more call backs about it happening. Using the sme chemicals any thoughts as to how to prevent it from happening so often?

Fletch

Acid Rinse or Encap Rinse should help. Less water in the cleaning process and an oxidizer in the prespray helps. Extra dry strokes and forced drying also prevents wicking.

I'm fairly new to the industry, so maybe the vetrans have a better suggestion.

G

Good suggestions.

richd8980 said:
seem to be getting more call backs about it happening. Using the sme chemicals

What are you using for prespray?

TimP

yeah you need to tell us what you're doing to cause the browning. I have yet to see any browning from carpet cleaning. Now with upholstery if you don't use an acid rinse with cotton its possible....

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
What looks like "browning" is usually soil wicking. Unless the carpet has a cotton/jute backing its unlikely that you're seeing cellulose browning.

Tell us how you are cleaning carpet now, and what you're using. You'll get some good natured teasing from some of the guys, but its just a hazing ritual. The more you tell us, the better we can help you both cure the problems and prevent future ones.

Good advice from Fletch by the way.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm guessing that because he has a Vortex, he's fallen into the mistaken belief that he can clean at 600 psi, and probably doesn't have a glided wand ... thus no dry strokes.

Just a guess ...

PS And, he probably doesn't prevacuum either.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
BROWN-OUT....is very common among new "VORTEX" owners..... :shock:

It is considered as a "Right-of Passage".... :roll:

The "BROWN-IN" will STOP soon after your NOSE is REMOVED from the "VORTEX GuRU's" arse..... :wink:

Just kiddin !!!!! :lol:
Give us some more info... :idea:

Greenie

I'm with Porky, that was my first gut instinct.

Except I find it hard to believe a Vortex guy found Mikeys, but didn't stumble apon a glide first.

Anyhow, the first question I have for ya is....

This is something realatively New right, so what have you changed in the past few months, it's the variable in your process that will lead you to the cause. And it's definitely wicking related.

I had to clean two businesses within the last month that had water damage but only half the carpet got wet. After extracting and drying the carpet I could see where the carpet had browned. I asked the owner if he wanted me to treat it with a debrowner and he said no the carpet carpet is fine. :shock: He was just glad all the water was up and the floor was dry. Should I have wet the rest of the carpet before extrating?

minuteman

Shorty, please, why the O.M.G.? You don't know. Read what he wrote right above my post, Flood job, Commercial carpet, Extracted, Dried, Browning!Than came back & cleaned it?, who the hell knows he's not saying,
After extracting and drying the carpet I could see where the carpet had browned.

Oh! By the way, after he extracted all the water he should have steamed it clean with a water rinse, set air movers to dry.
Thus no browning.

And if was a Berber or cotton back, which I doubt, 'cause he say's business. Business low grade carpet, unless it's a Money lawyer, Doctor, or Real Estate wonder from Tennessee, and he still should hav done the same thing. But added a lot more dry strokes!

Anyway, your toilets run backwards!

Greg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom