boosting encap juice with citrus?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I plan on encaping an office at a car lot with the cimex. I encapped the other office and it did great. because car lots are greasy as hell I wondered if adding a small amount of citrus to the releasit potion would interfear with the encap process . was thinking of adding maybee a half oz to the gallon so in the cimex it would be like 3-4 oz for a tank full. any thoughts?

TimP

Use more encap juice per dilution. Also you can look at an encap booster like punch from release it. And I think spot n boost from vac-away. Also you could pre spray ahead and give yourself more dwell time.

Ammonia is a good idea also like greenie says. You want it to be something that will evaporate and not resoil. Citrus isn't a good idea because it does cause resoil.

Walt

My helper was doing that on a regular commercial job he does by himself every two weeks. He did it that way for a couple of months before I found out. He said he couldn't tell much of a cleaning difference. I didn't notice much of a re soiling difference, but then again we do it every two weeks and it gets pounded. Either way he doesn't do that any more.

WANDMASTER3

i heard too much citrus can damage the fibers and delaminate the carpet , thats why i really i dont use for booster just to remove gum or tar.
has anybody had that problem?

A boost of spot n boost will work GREAT on oily stuff, it's meant to be used with vacaways stuff, not sure if it is compatable with release it.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I second the spot n boost

but if you say it looked great then how can you improve

if it is greasy then go to the hot knife

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
maybe i am wrong, but wont Sodium Percarbonate give a greater pH boost than Ammonia?

TimP

Derek said:
maybe i am wrong, but wont Sodium Percarbonate give a greater pH boost than Ammonia?

In this situation, why is PH a concern?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
SP can leave a powdery white residue, ammonia cuts grease & the pH returns to normal when dry.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
You guys are adding Ammonia to DS? How much of it(oz/gal) do you add?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom