Booster ?

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I was told my my local distributer that you can boost your chemicals with the Prochem Odor remover. It does have SP in it as well as a few other chemicals. Does anyone do this?

I mixed it today with Judsons on a really dirty job, Rinsed with Dry Slurry and it didnt seem to come up real well. It was a job that I didnt want to use the Hot Sause because I wasnt putting protector back on.

Anyway any thoughts on this would help.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
First there was dog hair everywhere, I vacummed, presrayed and was still raking clumps of hair out.
These people were older, they are bringin hospice in for the woman, so there was food, traffic lanes and no tellin.
They said the carpet was only 3 years old but it was pretty dirty.

My problem is Ive faced places like this where I thought it came up alot better. Just couldnt get it looking real good today.

John Watson

I don't like mixing different brands (Guess thats why I have so many different chems)

I haven't found anything as of yet that beats the O2/Hot sauce cocktail, Why worry about no protector. using Judson rince even with O2/HS leaves it at neut...

For an lod fart like me it's a no brainer, got to save what I got left!!!

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Thats true about leaving it neutral but what little protector they may still have I dont want to strip off. However looking back I can see that I should have Hot saused it.
Do you use the hot sause on everything? Besides the real clean nice res?

I am just curious if it would be effective boosting with prochem Odor removal for the ones that arent real dirty.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I haven't found anything as of yet that beats the O2/Hot sauce cocktail, Why worry about no protector. using Judson rince even with O2/HS leaves it at neut...

The high ph would have already stripped the protectant. Would it not be like putting floor stripper on a vct floor then rinse?. Damage is already done.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm confused

Albert

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I'm confused also, I always thought that you were not to use high PH because it would strip protector. So on Res I always use a lower PH if I'm not reapplying the protector.

Jayhawk2218

White Collar said:
First there was dog hair everywhere, I vacummed, presrayed and was still raking clumps of hair out.
These people were older, they are bringin hospice in for the woman, so there was food, traffic lanes and no tellin.
They said the carpet was only 3 years old but it was pretty dirty.

My problem is Ive faced places like this where I thought it came up alot better. Just couldnt get it looking real good today.

If it's that bad don't worry about the protector. Nuke it and be done with it.

John Watson

White Collar, High PH removes protector???? Hmmm, Since when?? Does Dupont and 3 M know about this????

Sorry bud, It is worn off, High PH removes acid dye blockers not protector.

Helen and I try to make it a point to clean clean carpets, but at least once or twice a week we get to clean a dirty one too!!!! I just use the hot sauce up on bad ones. Most we just leave longer dwell time with the 4 oz per 2 gal mixture (I actully mix it a little leaner about 3 oz)

G

I agree with Jayhawk; Nuke/Citrus Solv it ; then clean rinse with hottest water you can muster!!! :twisted: :twisted:

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Dude watson, I was simply asking a question, dont freak out. Removing acid dye blockers doesnt sound like a great idea either.

PS I dont know who Helen is, but you guys have fun anyways..

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Also, I was just reading an article that states that protectors have acid dye blockers in them. If this is true then I'm sorry for saying it removes protector, I should have said it removes part of the protector. (Or the acid dye blocker)

I was just confused as to when to Nuke and when not too. Even nice homes sometimes have trashed areas but was affraid to remove the acid dye blockers when they dont want protector reapplyed. As I thought it would resoil more heavily and be harder to get out.

You live and learn though.

John Watson

First of all I ain't no flippen DUDE, as$#@le maybe and I don't freak out, just splaining to you something that is supposed to be known by those using protectors and cleaning carpets.

Acid dye resisters have proven to be a pretty hardy and touch up knicly with Maxim and stain Gardian.

WE correct bad areas as much as possible and do what is neccessary to bring back to an accepable level and then teach the client what to do to maintain and stop from happening again. Sometime it means that I Nuke it but if carpet is still in warranty replace what I removed and it is included in the price quoted before we started the job.

Helen is the Boss and for an ol gal (Upper 50's) she she runs circles around other helpers I have had. She makes sure that we do the best job possible..

Name
Nate W.
John Watson said:
First of all I ain't no flippen DUDE, as$#@le maybe and I don't freak out, just splaining to you something that is supposed to be known by those using protectors and cleaning carpets.

Dude, Relax.. :mrgreen:

I'm still looking forward to meeting you Watson..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
High Ph will cancel the electric charge that supposed to hold the "elephants= which are the particles that are larger then the dye sites- they are the dye blockers that make it physically harder for new dye=stains to enter the dye site.
High alkalinity will cancel or reduce the electrical charge and will cause a loss of these "elephants" thus reducing dye risistence on all 5th, generation acid dyed nylon.
That is why the manufacturers want you to use products with a p.h. of 9.5-10.
Bringing it back to neutral after you already cleaned with high alkalinity is like closing the door after the "chickens" are out.

TimP

If the carpet is filthy don't worry about warranty. If it's like 2-3 years old the protector is pretty well gone anyway. Do what you have to, to get it clean. You're doing the customer a better service and just explain what protector is and give them a brochure or something. If it means something to them they will buy it. If not then clean it to the best of your abilities. Anyways if you checked the PH of your chemical with the booster you'd be over 10 anyway. Chances are they are just trying to get a few more years out of it.....so nuke the hell out of it and get it done.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Bob,
Since they were "elephants" before and now they are leaving without even bothering to say thank you.
In my book they are chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Call KFC and ask.
They'll tell you.

White Collar said:
I was told my my local distributer that you can boost your chemicals with the Prochem Odor remover. It does have SP in it as well as a few other chemicals. Does anyone do this?

I mixed it today with Judsons on a really dirty job, Rinsed with Dry Slurry and it didnt seem to come up real well. It was a job that I didnt want to use the Hot Sause because I wasnt putting protector back on.

Anyway any thoughts on this would help.

First of all, I would like to thank you for trying our products, we really appreciate it.

I don't know if you remember, the O-2 System before the development of the Hot Sauce Modifer.
One of the unique characteristics of the O-2 Pre-Spray is that it did not need to be boosted, you just mixed it stronger for dirtier carpets.
Most Pre-Sprays on the market, if you just mix them stronger, there becomes a issue of residue from the chemical being too strong and not
rinsing out.
With the O-2 System, you can actually pour it straight on the carpet from the bottle and after several strokes from the wand it will rinse completely out.
The development of the Hot Sauce Modifier, was to reduce consumption of the O-2 Pre-Spray under extreme dirty and trashed out carpets. The whole objective was to reduce the cost per ready to use gallon and have good performance.
With this situation that you have here, I think that I would have just mixed the O-2 Pre-Spray stronger, up to about 6-8oz per gallon.
The Ph at this dilution would still have been under 10.
Soon we will be providing more details on how versatile and unique the O-2 System really is.
The Hot Sauce Modifier is really not a booster. As when you use a booster, your total ppm is increased.
With the Hot Sauce Modifier, by using 1 tablespoon per gallon and reducing the consumption of the 0-2 per-spray by 50%, the actual ppm is lower than if you mixed the O-2 Pre-Spray stronger.
Thanks,
Les

Greenie

High alkalinity will cancel or reduce the electrical charge and will cause a loss of these "elephants" thus reducing dye risistence on all 5th, generation acid dyed nylon.
That is why the manufacturers want you to use products with a p.h. of 9.5-10.

It's amazing how so many just choose to ignore this. You don't "have" to use a high pH cleaner....period. and a 10 is a hell of a lot better than an 11, just as a 9 is that much better than a 10 for this.

ps: I know JJ hotsauce booster says it'll raise the pH to 12 when used with O2, but Les is jut covering his butt, it has a a lot to do with how much you add, and what concentration you are using the O2 at.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Greenie said:
It's amazing how so many just choose to ignore this. You don't "have" to use a high pH cleaner....period. and a 10 is a hell of a lot better than an 11, just as a 9 is that much better than a 10 for this.

For what?

TimP

Greenie you've lost me.

Only reason I know why you're supposed to keep it under 10 is because of the carpet protector they apply to the carpet. There isn't much difference between the generations of nylon other than the extrusion. They were all dyed with acid dyes. The biggest concern is dye removal but you aren't going to see color loss on carpet unless you're up at bleach strength which is what 14?? Unless it's topically dyed and not with the use of heat set vats. Carpet protector is the only concern and like I said before once it is filthy you gotta get it clean.

If it's soiled heavy the carpet is in a heavily acid state. You want as much alkaline detergent as you can to counter act the acid. Just because you spray a 11-12 ph chemical doesn't mean the carpet is automatically 11-12. I would guess that the acid soil knocks down the ph pretty good and most of the time you're actually down at 9-10 range after preconditioning.

I don't get why the ph thing is such a worrysome thing with cleaners. It's good to know where you're at and understand what it can do to florochemical, and to know not to put ph 12 chemicals down on new near clean carpet. But you need to pick the right tool for the job. If it's heavily soiled get up to 11-12....and if the customer wants like new condition sell them the protector. You're not going to hurt anything at this point. Face it the protector has served its purpose and it's gone put some more on....also protector isn't this magical thing on carpet that does wonders. It's quite limited....yeah it helps with many things. But a lot of what hits the carpet the protector doesn't do a damn thing for.

Greenie

I don't know where i lost you either Tim, but let me add you do not necessarily need a higher pH to clean acidic soil, there are acidic pre-sprays on the market that clean just fine, it's a mistake to associate high pH with a "better" cleaner.

Rex Tyus

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
I ran out of prespray on the truck one day, and only had fine fabric shampoo. I was at a trashed apartment, and presprayed with it, and it cleaned up remarkably. It had a pH of about 5.5, a bit foamy but it did the job. Thank goodness it was the last one.

I am always amazed at well Bridgepoints fabric shampoo works. It has an acidic ph as well. Wonderful stuff. I even tried it on carpet once as well.

Sodium perborate typically has a ph above 10 it self no?

We do get to hung up on ph I think as well. Now that in no way means I won't reach for the nuke juice. I think like was said earlier, time and a place.

I will just add if JJ don't cut it, chances are it has some issues that have already voided the warranty or stripped it of it's protective properties.

Rex Tyus

We are in agreement again Steven. Also I think many confuse REsoil with a failure to DEsoil.

TimP

Rex Tyus said:
We are in agreement again Steven. Also I think many confuse REsoil with a failure to DEsoil.

That's the biggest problem I think most cleaners fail at. That's why you need to know when to go for the big guns and when not to.

Now there are some cleaners out there who mix up cocktails and run a freaky emulsifier like PH 13 and leave a nasty sticky residue which resoils to black wall to wall within 30 days "like clock work" :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom