Bonnet or a red or srub pad for dirty cgd?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have pre scrubbed after my spray with a bonnett with green stripes and it seemed to work good maybe it absorbed some dirt in the process then hwe w/post bonnett. I also pre scrubbed one of my restraunts with a red pad and some extreme clean over the traffic ways and it seemed to do well after hwe. which do you prefer ? I keep a couple of each in the van. also do you guys post bonnet on cgd and berber? I do think it works great most of the time

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Why wouldn't you use the most obvious choice of a shampoo brush, which works much better than a bonnet and lasts decades longer than a pad?

have used the cotton bonnet w/ green stripes, got decent results switched to red pad to pre-scrub got even better results, then hwe followed by reg. cotton bonnet. did use biege pads in the past worked good on moderate soiling, but go to red pads seem to be more aggresive on heavier soiling cgd.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I like ricky gs tan pads and then go more aggresive with a 3m red. Post padding, I like cobbs thin cotton pads.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Art Kelley said:
Why wouldn't you use the most obvious choice of a shampoo brush, which works much better than a bonnet and lasts decades longer than a pad?
I dont think a shampoo brush works as well on cgd as it would on a cut pile, I have found pads and bonnets do a bit better

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
juniorc82 said:
Art Kelley said:
I dont think a shampoo brush works as well on cgd as it would on a cut pile, I have found pads and bonnets do a bit better

me too
Scrub bonnet works better on cut piles compared to a shampoo brush too
('least compared to the shampoo brush I own)

as far as your question, red pad is far more aggressive than scrub bonnet
scrub bonnets are far more idiot proof though

..L.T.A.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
the only thing that I was wondering meat is on cgd if the bonnet actually absorbs some of the dirt and grime. I think the red pad just breaks it up. but the red pad is forsure a powerhouse when you lube it up good with your fav.hi ph juice on the nastys :lol: . now I have found that pre scrubbing with a bonnet on berber works well also
grouNd meAt said:
juniorc82 said:
[quote="Art Kelley":19kmy3vt]Why wouldn't you use the most obvious choice of a shampoo brush, which works much better than a bonnet and lasts decades longer than a pad?

me too
Scrub bonnet works better on cut piles compared to a shampoo brush too
('least compared to the shampoo brush I own)

as far as your question, red pad is far more aggressive than scrub bonnet
scrub bonnets are far more idiot proof though

..L.T.A.[/quote:19kmy3vt]

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
juniorc82 said:
the only thing that I was wondering meat is on cgd if the bonnet actually absorbs some of the dirt and grime.

yes it picks some.

if you're flush/rinse extracting afterwords though, I don't know that ir really makes any difference in the finished product.

we use scrub bonnets most often simply cause they're easier gliding and still effective.
red ones are sho-nuff more aggressive, but we only use those on the rattiest of rat nasties

BTW, I even ran a BLACK pad over a trashed sec 8 berber once.
i came right off the VCT I was stripping and ran it right on the living rm berber :shock:
(it couldn't hurt this salvage rag)
if I'm not mistaken, I even used wax stripper for pre-spray.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

smoke 'em if you got 'em.. 8)

..L.T.A.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have been able to mostly eliminated the prescrub on commercial by pre-vacing, using hotter chemicals and flushing with higher water flow. There are still a few with ground in soil the benefit form agitation. I use the 15” GLS it’s allot lighter to haul around then a 175 and they sell brushes that are aggressive as you could want.

gary mackay

A distributor gave me a Chinese micro fiber pad to use that has scrub lines in it (rougher micro fiber) and it works pretty good on all types of residential cut pile but as all chinese crap it doesn't hold up. It is starting to come apart at an alarming rate. The 17" pads go for $33.00, I could eat mexican lunches for a whole month for that.

susansmith

I like the pads from Argo & Co., in Spartanburg, SC. They are all cotton and very
absorbant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom