BNI?

asupremeclean

I went to my first BNI meeting this morning as a guest. This does seem to be a great marketing/ networking tool.

The initial membership fees are $430 then $330 every year thereafter. NOt sure what the $$$ is used for. Seems a bit high. I have been invited to other BNI's and it seems to me the fees are all the same.

They seem to be well run. There is none of my competition invited, I would be the only CC'r they would refer.

If you are a member are you happy? Are the fees worth it? What are your overall thoughts.

Thanks for your input.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I'm a member and yes, I'm happy with it. Visit several chapters if you can. Some chapters are way better than others. You'll be able to tell by one visit IMO.

You may not get many referrals right off the bat. There's a period where folks are getting to know you and seeing if they're willing to refer you to their customer base.

As a general rule, the members will use you first to see what you're all about. If they're happy and give you positive testimonials, you're on your way to a lot more referrals.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I paid the 2 years $610.00 it is the weekly fee that adds up $10.00 a week here for the room and food so it is $1610 for 2 years

Greg Loe

BNI dues are the same everywhere. Local chapter dues very. My chapter dues are $10 a month. It pays for our meeting room.

In looking for a BNI chapter, I would recommend finding one with a retail carpet store, other service companies, or look at members that may have rental homes. Real estate agents might or might not be a good referral source.

BNI is the best marketing I've done.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am not getting nearly what I thought I would but I have 2 promised coming in at about $500 apiece and I made a coiple great contacts. Do not look for the money to flow right away it takes time.

I am on the education com. and one of the stats that stands out is "your referral rates goes up 60 times after 1 year". So people get to know you and they also cycle through their cleaner etc.

I think it is a great source for someone who doesn't need the source but wants to take the time and grow.

Another tip, just write a check for your weekly or monthly dues up front for the year and save the aggravation.

asupremeclean

Thanks for all the info guys. I do plan on joining and looking forward to the networking opportunities.

Jerry

Supportive Member
The one chapter I was invited to join did not impress me much. I am currently hooked up with real estate agents that refer me, along with carpet retailers. The other members wanted to be referred of course but I was not going to dis my current guys. That left me with massage therapists, Mary Kay ladies and a auto mechanic that has been known to bait-n-switch. The idea of it is great and if a guy was a new startup it would work really nice.
To me, the dues, the meetings every week(that they don't want you to miss,otherwise you can be asked to leave) and having to refer the yahoos in your group turned me off. Being in a good group is key!
Jerry

Name
Bruce
I've posted this before so forgive me.

I am a member of my local Chamber. I joined a chamber leads group. It only cost me $40 one time fee and it works the same way BNI does except for a few differences.

If you miss a week or two not a problem. Everyone in the group understands that work/family comes first.

The other reason I like the Chamber leads group is once a month the chamber has a members get together called Chamber After hours and it is held at one of the local sponsoring business's . I go to the after hours and chat with people from my leads group and they will always introduce me to someone I have never met before.

You might want to look into your local Chamber.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom