BNI ten minute presentation

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
What should I do?

I have to spend ten minutes presenting something or other. It's only my third meeting.

For those who attend, what has been good for you?

Name
Al
Give me a call, I have done 50 or more of these, 10 min. will fly by. It will be best to have some kind of hand out, cards, spotters, pictures whatever. Talk on your strong suits. You are not just a carpet cleaner you are the man in the room that knows more about what you do than anyone there.

Al Bradham
Carpet Care Services & DisasterCare
Called To Care...
843-693-1300 Mobile

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Handing out items while you are speaking distracts everyone...and it takes up that precious time.
We do 8 minutes of speaking and 2 minutes on question and answers....never enough time.

Try to do something that will catch their attention.
I talked a while back about drinking some green chems to show their safety...make a big deal how you are going to drink your cleaning chemicals....then after, you can tell them that it's safe...well somewhat.

After about 100 times of just speaking of what I do...which no one cares about...I would start to do things that get me noticed.
Jen and I did a skit on Sony and Cher...people ate that up.
We took her songs and made them into carpet cleaning lyrics.

Cher, how do you feel about the other carpet cleaners you have used?

"If I could turn back time"

How do you feel about our carpet cleaning company?

"I found some one.....to take away the pet stains"

You get the idea.

Jenifer does a mean Cher impersonation, so that helped a lot.

Be creative dude, not so informative...this is your time to shine.

It's not about what you know, it's about who knows you.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
is everyone in california gay??

sony and cher?? come on..

use lots blown up before and after pics..if you talk to much all they will hear is blah blah blah...no one cares..they want to see results.
i love dong mine, we belong to 2 bni groups and it is awesome when the 10 min time comes around...lots of visual will keep their attn..
and i love the man trapped in a womans body thing..
if you have any time left over you can talk about your make believe girlfriends..

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
search BNI in the marketing room I posted a couple

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
davegill said:
is everyone in california gay??

sony and cher?? come on..

and i love the man trapped in a womans body thing..
if you have any time left over you can talk about your make believe girlfriends..

Yes everyone in CA. is gay. Happy? :roll:

Before and afters are good if you don't pass them around.

You just have to make it memorable.

I will be doing my rendition of "service 1, is at your door" to the Michael Jackson's Billy Jean.
"if your gonna step in Poo, you better wipe your shoes...hey hey hey" as I do the moon walk.

Should be pretty good.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
"Mama always told me, be care full what you do. Don't go round spillin your red wine. oh no no!"

Jim Hadley

The main thing,,,, Have Fun!!!!
Humor always works. Probably everyone know what you do. So if you just say we do carpet, upholstery, etc., they know that. Talk about how your service will benefit them. Remember, features tell, benefits sell. Why should they use you over another cleaner? Talk about your the kind of customer you are looking for. Like someone with 5000sq ft of white carpet that has 9 kids, entertains alot, and has pets with an unlimited amount of money to spend on carpet cleaning. Mention that you give every customer with kids free packets of red koolaid, or a free kitten with a urinary problem along with a collor with your name and phone number. Enjoy the experience, have fun, build relationships with the members and be service oriented.
Jim Hadley

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
you have a guideline in your MSP manual. My last 10 min I simply followed that.

I made a power point with a few slides about each thing it talked about, who I am, services, what makes me different, an example of work.

Most important, tell them how to give you a referral, ie your target market, what key words to listen for when you're talking to someone or just overhearing a conversation.

It goes by really quick.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom