BlueLine Thermalwave2 summer/fall project

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’m taking it to the forklift later this week to move it. Rubber mats underneath are getting pulled up.

The waste tank was behind it but I think I’m gonna move it to the left side of the machine for better mounting space and ease of access to the rear and right side of the machine.

The van needs a power steering fluid reservoir, a tuneup, and a new rear door

As for the tm, the water pump needs tlc, and the 185f thermal relief valve needs replaced. 🤞. Once I get it completed, we’ll see what other issues it might have

17CE22B9-854E-4ABB-9ECE-28040E23E8EC.jpeg 2EFED58C-14C5-482E-A811-4DAA6ACBD6C8.jpeg 24D2C782-DA0F-424D-8B84-DA5A76476091.jpeg 7A5382E7-9E74-4E44-BEBC-232DC07DCCCC.jpeg 0B2116DF-0BE8-49D1-9293-D416B87B3896.jpeg

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I really like the eurotec burners small footprint, burn clean, problem free. Guy i got it from said it did, we relocated the computer it was originally mounted on the upper shroud above the exhaust manifold, not sure what the engineers at blueline were thinking with that one lol
I really like the eurotec burners small footprint, burn clean, problem free. Guy i got it from said it did, we relocated the computer it was originally mounted on the upper shroud above the exhaust manifold, not sure what the engineers at blueline were thinking with that one l0l
Is that original hrs on the blower? Did you take it apart? It looks sweet

srd

Is that original hrs on the blower? Did you take it apart? It looks sweet
Yes sir, it looked like ass before we stripped it and repainted it, just took some lovin to make it look like that lol. I didnt take it apart, wasnt leaking impellers looked good.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Performed good while cleaning bowling alley carpet yesterday, until I had to empty the recovery tank. 5-10min later, I went to start it back up, the light was blinking, and it was bogging down. So I ran it on full throttle for about 5min and it cleared up, running smooth again.

I'm assuming the computer (where it's located at) got too hot while the machine was off sitting hot, and when air started moving again, it got back to normal.

Where's a good spot to relocate this computer?

srd

I’m hoping to relocate it this weekend and see if it fixes that little hiccup
Brother i completely forgot to get a pic this morning, but we mounted it under the top shroud towards the front it fits perfect in there and the engine fan draws air across it, ill try to go into the shop tommorow and get a pic for you. Unistalled and pjlled the boxes on 2 vortex units today been going since 4am and just finished fml its been a long day.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Brother i completely forgot to get a pic this morning, but we mounted it under the top shroud towards the front it fits perfect in there and the engine fan draws air across it, ill try to go into the shop tommorow and get a pic for you. Unistalled and pjlled the boxes on 2 vortex units today been going since 4am and just finished fml its been a long day.
Is this the area you’re referring to? I can’t picture any area under the top shroud

8786BE8D-0AE4-4033-94A8-2A6DC239DE67.jpeg B7567398-47D5-4A2A-83E6-0064DDA1085C.jpeg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Its mounted under the front left side of the top shroud. Sorry for taking so long to get this posted

View attachment 118517
Perfect. Thanks for the info

It looks like you didn't use the mounting place from the 5 bolts I see. I was trying to fit the mounting plate underneath it, which made it doable, but awkward

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Perfect. Thanks for the info

It looks like you didn't use the mounting place from the 5 bolts I see. I was trying to fit the mounting plate underneath it, which made it doable, but awkward
Matt, did that CC from Oregon call you this morning? I gave him your number.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Here ya go Matt.

I never questioned the H20 aspect of adding power to gas engines.

I still think that adding an alternator to an electric car will help recharge the battery. Maybe not 100%, but it will give longer miles per time during recharging. I just keep thinking that an electric car with an alternator/solar combination just 30lbs +or- causing a little bit of resitence to the motor isn't nothing compared to the car that's full of 4 fat ass rich kids staring at their phones.

Technology is there. NASA has accomplished it, and automakers have accomplished it as well. There's too much money in the oil industry and lithium energy to stop selling it

Last edited:

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
It is simple. You cannot take out more than you put in.
The 1st. one to figure out how to do that will be very wealthy.
With any type of alternator charging system it takes more power to run it than it will ever put out.
Only way a alternator creates more power is like with our 1st. Honda Hybrid where the alternator was
incorporated into the downhill resistance and braking system.

FredC

Village Idiot
I still think that adding an alternator to an electric car will help recharge the battery. Maybe not 100%, but it will give longer miles per time during recharging

Technology is there. NASA has accomplished it, and automakers have accomplished it as well.

I give up .....

I'll send you a book.

FredC

Village Idiot
Only way a alternator creates more power is like with our 1st. Honda Hybrid where the alternator was

Just to clear this up for Matt.

the alternator is not creating "more" energy in this scenario. It is using the unwanted (you're trying to stop) kinetic energy and converting it to electricity instead of it being wasted by the brakes converting it to heat. Regenerative braking. Makes the car overall less inefficient and increases range (ymmv). What it won't do is recharge the batteries at anywhere near the rate moving the vehicle consumes energy which is what Matt is imagining. You also aren't using the engine/motor to power it.

This is technically still happening at a loss because of the energy required to turn it and electrical conversions. The alternator is still inefficient. (so are M/Gs)

On an all electric car (with regenerative braking) there is no need for an alternator type system because the motors become generators when stopping and do so more efficiently.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Matt, when an alternator spins it isn't just spinning creating free energy. As it spins when there is a load or demand placed on it, the magnetic field creates resistance it must overcome. This takes more power, like from a gas powered engine it's connected too. That is why sometimes you will hear your alternator belt squeal on your TM or car when you first start it. The alt has a load on it immediately as it tried to bring the battery back to full. All that is happening is it's converting your Gas power inte electric power so it can run your electronics, charge your battery, and create spark.

Ok, lets say you put a big windmill on your electric car. The windmill is hooked to an alternator which in turn charges your electric car battery. The resistance crated by the forward moving windmill and the usage of the electric car motors would be greater than the amount of energy needed to power the car. Really the only way to benefit is to park the car on a windy day and let the wind charge the batteries. But then again, is it really free energy? The free wind is still a form of energy that has been converted into stored electric. If the government could find a way to tax the wind, I'm sure they would, but I'm getting off track now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom