BlueLine Thermalwave2 summer/fall project

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’m taking it to the forklift later this week to move it. Rubber mats underneath are getting pulled up.

The waste tank was behind it but I think I’m gonna move it to the left side of the machine for better mounting space and ease of access to the rear and right side of the machine.

The van needs a power steering fluid reservoir, a tuneup, and a new rear door

As for the tm, the water pump needs tlc, and the 185f thermal relief valve needs replaced. 🤞. Once I get it completed, we’ll see what other issues it might have

17CE22B9-854E-4ABB-9ECE-28040E23E8EC.jpeg 2EFED58C-14C5-482E-A811-4DAA6ACBD6C8.jpeg 24D2C782-DA0F-424D-8B84-DA5A76476091.jpeg 7A5382E7-9E74-4E44-BEBC-232DC07DCCCC.jpeg 0B2116DF-0BE8-49D1-9293-D416B87B3896.jpeg

Name
Swani
Is that rather large guy named Todd still posting over there? I believe he is an Utah Mormon. I liked him.
I see him on Facebook posting, but I don't really visit the other forum any more. It was so heavy with ads and pop-ups that it made it very frustrating to try and get anywhere on it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Is there a Vortex thread about Marty blowing the hair off his head with anger that I could read and get some entertainment?

FredC

Village Idiot
and when Marty sold the Vortex andscrewed Judson...according to Les' nut nuzzlers

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
and when Marty sold the Vortex andscrewed Judson...according to Les' nut nuzzlers

I want to give the new 3.0 a challenge. Bring Les back to the board. I never had a chance to meet the guy. He left before I jumped on here. And several other acting members as well.

Name
Swani

Hot damn! These boards and forums can be drama. It really proves how tribal we as humans still are. People just want to have an allegiance or side to be on.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
How do I remove the wires from these switches on the front of the machine? My water pump switch needs to have one of the wires pulled out, cut to fresh wire and put back in. I don't know how to pull that wire out of the back of the switch

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Whoever has the vortec motor needs to buy a spare oil cap. Mine started getting harder to pull off and it finally broke today while changing the oil I’m glad I bought another one a few months ago

57155EFB-537B-4D72-A3F1-EB33947FC9FE.jpeg 7A8D1D87-9BB1-4557-BFD7-EA480B580EBB.jpeg E3DF3F33-1A25-497C-98F0-6F3D4DDABD4D.jpeg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've got an air pocket in the antifreeze that I'm not being successful at getting out yet. This new heat exchanger doesn't have a petcock on it to bleed the air out.

When I filled it up with antifreeze yesterday, I wasn't able to put back all that drained out. When I cranked it up, the water pump wasn't pulling it through the system to lower it so I could fill it full. It overheated and shut down.

I was told to drill a 1/16" hole in the thermostat to act as a bleeder/orifice for the antifreeze. So I went and bought another thermostat just to be sure it's good and put the hole where it needed to be. I'll let you know later today if that fixed the problem

Edit: Yes, a 1/16" orifice hole IS needed to be drilled in the thermostat above the heat exchanger to substitute the previous petcock that was on the original coolant box/helicoil.

Last edited:

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
I've got an air pocket in the antifreeze that I'm not being successful at getting out yet. This new heat exchanger doesn't have a petcock on it to bleed the air out.

When I filled it up with antifreeze yesterday, I wasn't able to put back all that drained out. When I cranked it up, the water pump wasn't pulling it through the system to lower it so I could fill it full. It overheated and shut down.

I was told to drill a 1/16" hole in the thermostat to act as a bleeder/orifice for the antifreeze. So I went and bought another thermostat just to be sure it's good and put the hole where it needed to be. I'll let you know later today if that fixed the problem

Edit: Yes, a 1/16" orifice hole IS needed to be drilled in the thermostat above the heat exchanger to substitute the previous petcock that was on the original coolant box/helicoil.
On my setup, I put a 1” tee athe high point of the exchangers, and can fill with a funnel, then cap the tee. There are petcocks on the two exchangers that can be used to bleed air also.

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
I would think most of the clutch drive units may have been designed off this brand.
These are from my AquaTech manufactured in Kelowna BC. Cleanco bought out the company years ago.
I rebuilt these years ago, and have never installed them yet. I had the coils wrapped by a company in Toronto.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I would think most of the clutch drive units may have been designed off this brand.
These are from my AquaTech manufactured in Kelowna BC. Cleanco bought out the company years ago.
I rebuilt these years ago, and have never installed them yet. I had the coils wrapped by a company in Toronto.
Looks like a solid design. Just keep the pressure under 1200psi since the coils are copper. But two coolant heat exchangers should give you constant, reliable heat

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

I tested the old thermostat and it worked correctly. That tells me the 1/16” hole in the thermostat was needed for the air to bleed through to prevent air lock in the coolant system

Wouldn’t that be good for any setup to have that ?

IMG_6210.jpeg IMG_6209.jpeg

Reactions: Bryce C

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom