Blue Cross Blue Shield pulling out of MN individual policy medical coverage

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just got this little gem of a letter before the weekend.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of MN pulling out of Minnesota for individual plans and the MNSure state plan.

Sounds like if you are a large business or corporation with more employees, they are going to do coverage, but for us that purchases through our agent (Broker) our coverage will no longer be available.

There is less medical coverage (insurance companies) for us individual business owners becoming available. By that I mean, less insurance companies are going to even consider offering their insurance to us....

When we purchase, we also have to look who is in our "network" meaning will that hospital accept our insurance if we need medical attention.

We purchase our plans also knowing we have been traveling South in winter or if I am just on the road.

This seems to be one of the most difficult things as a small business owner currently is our medical situation.

We will be talking to our agent this week for ideas...if he has any yet either....

2016-07-05 10.29.02.jpg

Name
Kevin De Medeiros
I don't understand why in the states the government can't provide universal healthcare for everyone and be done with all these plans. It gets taxed on your paycheck and that's it. Its a great feeling knowing when you go about your day to day that it you get sick or hurt you just go to the walk in clinic or hospital and you are taken care of. Politics and capitalism have no business being in a healthcare system. And this is coming from a conservative.

FredC

Village Idiot
FYI if this becomes a political discussion I will be forced to toss it in the Chad room......

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Well, I know either way, we are not the only ones in this position...

Just sad to see what is considered one of the cornerstones of health care insurance in MN not able to continue offering coverage.....

We will see what happens next....

I know it is a difficult thing for small businesses.

Maybe some relief will be on the way someday.....

Name
Kevin De Medeiros
In the province I live in its called Ontario Health Insurance Plan or OHIP for short. Other provinces have different names. When anybody pays taxes a portion goes into this plan or pool to pay for healthcare. Doctors visits, emergency care are covered. Prescriptions are not included. As long as you live in the province you are good.

Name
Kevin De Medeiros
Yep. It's covered. The gov gets taxes out of you one way or the other to fund programs. We often complain about how much we get taxed on stuff but the system works for the most part.

steve_64

Ive always said there should be no income tax. Then everyone pays as they spend. The more you spend the more taxes you pay.

Then the drug dealers and theives all pay like everyone else.

as far as insurance goes im glad I have VA. Genny pays to much for BlueCross imo.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I Think USA should reduce insurance health care cost by merging Workers Comp and "Obama Care" so that all americans have 24/7 health care. Having the 2 systems is somewhat redundant. The Govt should also do more to reduce the fraud in the systems.

Reactions: Kevin De Medeiros

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom