Blower marine exhaust hose

FastEddie

Mine is old, brittle and needs replacing. I noticed that is has some small cracks in it. What's strange is that I have some oily substance oozing out. I use Corrosion-X to lube the blower at the end of each day. Maybe I have some build-up? If not, what else can it be?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"If not, what else can it be?"

some of it is blowing right through when you spray, Speedy Edro Supremo.
That's what I'd suspect

..L.T.A.

FastEddie

I really don't spray that much, maybe a few seconds worth. Never had that problem with WD40 though.

Greenie

Just a WAG, but ya think the Corr X is breaking down the hose?

I'm all for displacing water from the lobes, but lubricating that part of the blower seems pointless, the only metal to metal contact is in the bearings and gears, both of which have their own lube.

FastEddie

The hose is brittle and needs replacing because of the brilliant design of having the super hot diverter valve inches away from it. I'm glad I yanked all that problematic H/X system out. No more cooking of the components.

So Greenie,

You think running the blower 5 min or so at the end of the day to dry it out without the addition of lube is OK?

Greenie

sure. that is the goal to "dry it out" that is all the water displacing spray is doing. And not just dry the blower, but the silencer and plumbing as well.

now, that said " this just advice, consult your machine manufacturer for maintenance and lubrication suggestions ".

:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom