Black Spray from Butler

Name
darren
Our 2013 Butler System sprays some black/grey stuff sometimes. It’s done it thru the hydro force and wand. Pump has about 2k on it. Anyone have this issue before and an explanation?

Name
Steve Lawrence
Get Parflex hose to avoid Black Death. It does not have steel braid or black rubber liner that is distintigrating (sp) from being wrapped tightly on a hose reel. Parflex also keeps your water hotter and is lighter.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I recently purchased this thermoplastic hose and have been very pleased with it not kinking, or getting too hot on the outside. If I use the steel braided line it will burn the grass if it comes in contact with it, and it is heavier and it will kink.

I also use the Parker like Steve mentioned, but got the new hose because it was blue and a little less expensive than the Parker. We run dual wands and need the 2 incoming solution lines to be different colors to make things run smoother inside where the 2 sets of hoses run together.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Our 2013 Butler System sprays some black/grey stuff sometimes. It’s done it thru the hydro force and wand. Pump has about 2k on it. Anyone have this issue before and an explanation?
Black Death as mentioned.

Replace the hose.

We like the High Heat hose from Butler....we have been trying some others which have been ok also, but like the skinnier High Heat hose from Butler.

We like to run 200 feet of it, but sometimes it has not been available in that length or at all from Butler....

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I know it sucks if you just bought that hose, but the 1st thing to trouble shooting would probably be what the above already mentioned and change out your solution hoses.
Before you throw away a newer hose, check your supply hoses from the heat exchanger to the point where you connect your pressure hose. When operating, when the job is done, cool down your hoses before wrapping them up.

Reactions: Living The Dream

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
How old is your garden hose? It takes a lot longer, but black death can come from that hose if it's a goodyear or continental supply hose.

Black death can still come from your new hose also. What kind of hose is it? When you roll up your hoses at the end of the job, have you flushed out all the super hot water first? I know if you don't cool your hoses down, they wear faster.

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
darren
How old is your garden hose? It takes a lot longer, but black death can come from that hose if it's a goodyear or continental supply hose.

Black death can still come from your new hose also. What kind of hose is it? When you roll up your hoses at the end of the job, have you flushed out all the super hot water first? I know if you don't cool your hoses down, they wear faster.
Interesting. We do fill it with the black garden hose it came with.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom