BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Name
Ron lippold
Just a few questions.

How many of you cleaners out there ( I don't care which method) want to stay owner operator. To fly under the radar and not draw to much attention.

How many want to build a business and not a job.

How many want to build something to sell.

What makes these two groups different.

I know there are WOLFS and there are sheep.

I just wanted to know.

Name
Jesse
Being a O/O only worked for 6 months for me. I did it to learn the biz before hiring techs. We really didn't have the money to start differently. Our cc co came from having a tm to service our janitorial accounts. When we upgraded from a porty we seen $$ signs and went for it.

We have no intent to sell. I'd just have to do something else with my time.

We hope to acquire other co's and have thousands of employee's. It's a long road but I'm up for it.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I plan on staying owner operator. I have other things in place for retirement.

Maybe I can find some poor old chump to buy my business when I retire.

I'm too nice to be a bossman. Guess I could let my wife run the show.

Come to think of it,, she already does.

Name
Ron lippold
????

It's not that hard, The sun rises and sets every day it's what we do with the time in between that separates's us and I want to know what the difference is.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I long for the day where I have 2 vans and me not being in them. I would learn how to tie a tie and visit the client and my guys regularly. Talking to prospective clients the rest of the day. I can't imagine doing the labor part of this gig when I'm 50 but who knows where I'll be then.

Albert

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've been owner/operator for 13 yrs. It bothered me then and it bothers me now when some "person" says that I have a "job" and that only when you have employees do you have a "busn". To be really honest, it p's me right off. I know a guy that has two trucks and when his employees left he had to get his and his wife's butt on the truck themselves for close to a year before he found some decent guys. Another guy hired guys and because they didn't do the work right he lost half his busn, fired them, got back on the truck and built it up again.
Its not that no one else couldn't do it, I just don't want the hassles of an employee. When I go on a vacation, yes, no work gets done, but neither is anything getting broken or there are no problems with clients or equipment when I get back.

Who says an owner/operator can't build something to sell?? I think an O/O can build something that will last for years even after he/she is gone.

I have select clientele that when I am over booked I know some good cleaners I can refer, and for people who don't want to pay my price, I send them to the multi-truck operations who typically can't charge as much as a O/O cause they need the volume to cover expenses.

Who says we stay under the radar? O/O can be just as verbal and have a better rep than most multi truck "busns".

As for BIG $$$$$, I think an O/O can actually be more profitable. There's nowhere near the overhead or headaches. Depends on what you want in life.

Its such an insult to suggest we don't have a busn.
Forget the wolves and the sheep.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-l93gltkCc

JohnnyV

You own a job....I don't care how you sugar coat it. I do too. If it won't run without you being there. Its a Job!....Have a nice day tomorrow at your JOB!!!!!

radkins

I'm not an o/o. I have one full time and three part time employees. I spent 20 years on the crew but now am in the office full time.

I find this gives me time to do things I could not do when on the truck all the time and also fits what my body is willing to do at 46.

At some point most people are not going to be able to clean everyday. If you don't have employees and can't sell your business, what will you do?

steve r

i quit my job to be my own boss! maybe its just a job to some but for me its a way of life. i like the idea of being under the radar but dont know if thats a real possibilitie,but it doesnt matter. what does is i am happy being an o/o for now and dont see that changing but that doesnt mean it wont.i can only hope to live long enough to find out.

steve

Name
Ron lippold
Thanks

Thanks guys for your real input.

I don't mean to make anyone right or wrong or anyway better than another, just asking questions.

I see the light.

The Preacher

i've never had a job i cleared over $50-100 per hr like i do as an o/o!!!

ps i do have a plan for employees in the near future. it's gonna make or break me!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom