Best way to make quick work of dirty, salon LVT?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I bid on a 1200 ish ft.² salon today. It’ll probably take a while to scrub with my 10” CRB, before rinsing with the tile spinner. I plan on using Code Red for chemistry.

Is there a brush that might scrub into the grooves in the LVT, that I can get for my 175 or Cimex?

Should I just suck it up with my widdle CRB?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I bid on a 1200 ish ft.² salon today. It’ll probably take a while to scrub with my 10” CRB, before rinsing with the tile spinner. I plan on using Code Red for chemistry.

Is there a brush that might scrub into the grooves in the LVT, that I can get for my 175 or Cimex?

Should I just suck it up with my widdle CRB?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
I think your 175 would work well with a shampoo brush.

Name
Matt Ross
I have jobs with lots of that. Sometimes the crb works alot better than anything else. Just go with the grain. With the right chemical it might come clean with a 175, but that usually requires more moisture than I like using on it. I dont use a spinner on it, but some people do.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Thanks guys! This is a juicy one. It’s absolutely filthy and I think it’ll really pop.

We’ll take our time with the 10” CRB. It’s a pretty sizable salon in a very well traveled area. I really want this to go well.

It was one of those cases where you felt like you met your biggest fan during the estimate. He’d been hawking us on the Spacebook

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Seriously...use my wand to rinse?

I’ll definitely try.

Why not the turbo? I guess I can see the edging going easier with a wand.

It’s filthy. Wait until you see...

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Yep its not textured tile & grout, the chems and agitation should have done the work so just rinse
It’s got some pretty good texture to it, even though it’s not tile and grout.

It’s a light colored faux wood with deep groves to look like the wood grain.

All that texture IS my battle.

That’s why I can see why CRB might be King here.

Mikey P

Administrator
It’s got some pretty good texture to it, even though it’s not tile and grout.

It’s a light colored faux wood with deep groves to look like the wood grain.

All that texture IS my battle.

That’s why I can see why CRB might be King here.

Russ I do a ton of this stuff at my marine base.

Bring a grout poll brush for the edges and where your CRB ( with xstiff brushes) wont reach, mix your stuff strong and youll be amazed.

Glided wand it king

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Russ I do a ton of this stuff at my marine base.

Bring a grout poll brush for the edges and where your CRB ( with xstiff brushes) wont reach, mix your stuff strong and youll be amazed.

Glided wand it king
You know my Devastator is ready!

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
73D8CD23-2130-4DEB-B06C-C3057AF8743C.jpeg
0F6D3D8B-96DC-404A-9317-50EB07477188.jpeg

These were the only 2 I got. I was alone so I’m always focused on just getting to the other side of a project. Customer was thrilled. It was a cake walk. Took 3.5 hours alone to really make the salon shine again.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
That 10” you sold me has some mileage by now.

A bigger one will probably have to wait but it’s on the list!

Have you tried the new RX-20 yet?
I have not, Since having a 2 man crew I rarely use a rotary anymore. Mainly CRB/Dev combo

Reactions: Russ T.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well that was a piece of cake.

I mixed the Code Red heavy in a hot mop bucket and just watched the soil melt off and was scrubbed with the CRB and held in suspension until I rinsed with the Devastator Wand.

Thanks for the tip guys. That was the easiest money I’ve made in prolly a week :biggrin:

LVP is being marketed as "so easy to clean" yet most home owner mess it all up with string mops and sponges..

Our biggest challenge will be getting them to think of us low life carpet cleaners, again...

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Seriously,

a 175 with a blue or red pad won't work just as well?

I haven't done head-to-head comparisons but the added weight of the 175 with a medium to soft cleaning pad should work just fine.

Last edited:

steve_64

LVP is being marketed as "so easy to clean" yet most home owner mess it all up with string mops and sponges..

Our biggest challenge will be getting them to think of us low life carpet cleaners, again...
Its not the string mop as you call them but the crappy products being sold at box stores. Hot water good product and a 24 oz syntheric mop can keep those floors looking new indefinitely. A good center pull ringer helps too. And put a green scrub pad under the clamp on the mop for thicker and gummy stuff. Always carry a scraper too just in case.

Those soils come right off when mopped correctly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom