Best of kind spotters!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
There's great accumulated knowledge and experience on this board. Be really nice to benefit from it.
In your experience: Which are the best spotters that you find to be the best at what they are supposed to do?

* Your recommendation will be even more valuable if you actually used multiple similar spotters and found that one to be better.

I'll start:
  1. Sapphire Scientific :"Ink Exit" is a particularly good ink remover. Rarely does it lighten the area around. It removes ink stains well, including some that I tried before. It does not have a strong terrible smell. Rinses very well.
  2. Spot & Boost (Vac-Away)- Very good all around spotter. Rinses well. It does not lighten the area around spots, smells o.k. and works well in helping stains "slip" away. What I mean by that is: I was able to remove a red candle wax from a delicate fabric by flushing with cold water and not setting the red color by using heat.
What's yours?

Last edited:

steve_64

Banes gel solv. Smells like orange which I like but it is strong. Removes oils paints ink most of the time.

Goo gone works great on same things. Easy to use and rinse. Low odor.

Reactions: ruff

steve_64

Haven't tried this on carpet yet not sure what's in it but its a new favorite cleaner on rental flips. No odor or very light no gagging like purple power. Only need very little. Really foamy though.
Its a Genny find. 20190117_215710_Film1.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We use mainly Harvard Dez-ov-All with water in a quart sprayer...for grease, Gum and Tar type stains (don't use it pure...a waste and also harder to remove in our opinion)

For stains needing oxidizing such as coffee, Tea, Soda, Water stains...Harvard's Just Like Magic.

Harvard Pogo we like...

Their Rust Remover is nice

Stain Blaster for Red....

We put together a bag of goodies that we carry on each van and then was encouraged to offer as cleaners were calling and asking....

JonDon also has in stores or their Website.

I just had a person call yesterday who finally bought one and really likes it especially for the laminated spotting guide we included….

And the bag will zipper closed with bottles and spray heads.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Tom Forsythe

This is one reason, I follow this board. I have been at this for 20 years and most of the spotters mentioned I have never heard of before this post except for Fels and H2O2.
This is our spotting kit with 6 spotters that will work on almost everything you will come across.

Name
jack zerkie
unbelievable by core products in canton tx comes in quarts really works for food & beverage stains also ink remover. Has worked many times about $12 each . A life saver a few times. jz.

Reactions: ruff

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I never found a spotting kit from one manufacturer that everything in it was the best. Be it Harvard, SS or Interlink.
Spotters are like women. Sometimes they will make you happy and sometimes they will lead you on and then spite you, laughing inside. So why not just pick a brand stick with it. In the end your favorite whatever will let you down

Tom Forsythe

One brand is missing from the discussion: CTI (the undisputed leader in spotters for many years). Personally when we were deeply involved in working on all of our spotters, a few years ago, we did most of our testing against CTI. We were excited when we matched the performance of any of their spotters. In my opinion, after weeks of work, we believe that with our Avenge Pro and All Solv Xtreme combination we slightly exceeded CTI's performance corresponding products.

Process also matters as some spotters need physical agitation and timely rinsing to work (Avenge Pro and All Solv Xtreme) while other spotters only need chemical contact (reducers, oxidizers, rust removers) as they make the stains invisible. Controlled heat accelerates the chemical reaction of reducers (hard to control oxidizers with heat as bleaching of colors can happen quickly). UV light accelerates the chemical reaction of oxidizers. Agitation is only need to be sure the chemical comes in contact with all of the stained fibers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom