Best method for Pricing Pet Odor Removal Jobs?

Samson

Supportive Member
Name
Samson Rollins
I have run into a few pretty involved odor jobs lately and have killed myself by not pricing it correctly. I have been spending twice the time I quoted/billed for.

As for method of removal -
1) Use eyes, nose and black light to find affected area
2) Flood the affected area with very hot Odor removal product (odor attack), let dwell for about 15-20 minutes
3) Extract with spotting claw

Just wondering what method works well for you with respect to pricing pet odor removal jobs? How do you price just a few spots vs a whole room that has been used as a toilet.

I have been considering going with a hourly rate and just estimating the time will take and pricing that way up front. Thanks for the help!

Samson

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Samson said:
I have run into a few pretty involved odor jobs lately and have killed myself by not pricing it correctly. I have been spending twice the time I quoted/billed for.

As for method of removal -
1) Use eyes, nose and black light to find affected area
2) Flood the affected area with very hot Odor removal product (odor attack), let dwell for about 15-20 minutes
3) Extract with spotting claw

Just wondering what method works well for you with respect to pricing pet odor removal jobs? How do you price just a few spots vs a whole room that has been used as a toilet.

I have been considering going with a hourly rate and just estimating the time will take and pricing that way up front. Thanks for the help!

Samson

When it comes down to it, any pricing structure comes down to a per hour charge. You may not explain it to the customer that way, but you should price to meet your requirements for hourly income including profit.

You can divide it by square feet to be cleaned and called it square foot pricing if you want.

I have written a manual on correcting urine stains, odor and contamination. If you don;t have a copy, let me know and I'll email you one.

As always, a free copy to anyone else who wants one.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom