Best Chemical to kill mold?

I was wondering what you guys are using to kill mold?
I currently have Shock Wave, microban blue label and ********* and sporicidin.
I like shock wave the best for restoration work it smells really good and you only have to use 2 oz per gal of water...

Is there a better product out there to kill mold?

I know there are more steps then just spraying it with a chemical. I know I have to hepa vac and then seal it with a fungicidal coating.
I know dry ice blasting and soda blasting are options too.

I wanted to know what the best anti microbial for mold is?

G

Enzi-Brite by MPC; It has a nice popouri smell to. I like to use this on Greasy Chineese Restaurant Floors, for tile and Grout, Carpet, And over all Prescrubbing Traffic Lanes.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Well in that case something that is EPA approved such as Microban Disinfectant Spray Plus(blue label)

steve g

Name
steve garrett
mold can't really be killed, its the spore itself that causes the problem, ever walked threw the grass and had a sharp pointed burr get on your foot, its has sharp points sticking out every where, would spraying it with something get rid of it?? no, however some people make fun of the use of bleach on mold, but IMO if you use it undiluted its oxidizing ability dissolves the spores.

ken horvath

Check out Serum Systems. We use this process and the results are amazing.

http://www.serumsystem.com/

Also, check out "Mold Control" at your local Home Depot. This product is EPA registered, will kill any mold you miss in the remediation process, encapsulate without sealing. This allows for the materials to breath. Sealer and then a subsequent water loss generally means you have a big problem. Also this product is so safe you can drink it and no PPE required to apply.

Use gasoline and a match.

If you are going to get sued, it'll cost you less if you get sued for burning the effing place down versus making people sick. Plus, it's a hell of a lot more fun.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
What’s the deference between products like Microban QGC and regular quaternary ammonia disinfectant? What’s the best sealer to use?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't know that there is a major difference? We use it because we trust the Microban label and it's been a good product for us.

As far as sealers I think Fosters is the one we see spec 'ed the most.

ken horvath

Has anyone checked the label on the Microban QGC to see if you can use the product to kill mold on building framing?

EPA registered products must be used as the label describes or you violate federal law. I have read the label on the Milgo QGC which is made by the same people who make Microban QGC. It does not state you can use on building framing. I didn't find the label to the Microban QGC on the internet. I found the MSDS and they appear to be not exact.

Quats are nuetralized by organic solids. Maybe that is why they can only be used on non-porous and/or clean materials under the EPA label instructions.

If anyone has a link or can post the label instructions on the Microban QGC that would be nice.

ken horvath

We use the Serum System. We also use this for cat 2/3 cleaning of the building framing.

I like "Mold Control" by Concrobium. You can get it at Home Depot. EPA registered and safe enough to drink. Yes, I have had a shot or two.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
ken horvath said:
We use the Serum System. We also use this for cat 2/3 cleaning of the building framing.

I like "Mold Control" by Concrobium. You can get it at Home Depot. EPA registered and safe enough to drink. Yes, I have had a shot or two.

I tested out the concrobium product about a year ago. One of the developers from the corp Verde Green called me at Millers.

We cleaned his mothers house with it, actually just her carpet, and he traveled from Florida to be there with us to have it first professional testing application, atleast by a carpet cleaner. It did okay. He also explained how the military uses it, and how they use it to control mold growth in hotels and resorts and gave me a list of references that I ended up calling. His stories checked out, as well as most of the man's claims.

Jim Pemberton may remember me asking him about it around a year ago.

ken horvath

Hendrix,

Yes we have passed many clearance tests with the Serum System. Visually the results are fantastic. Most comment on this.

Steve,

I am not familiar with "Mold Control" for carpet cleaning purposes. They are based out of Canada. Doesn't sound like the same product you are referring to.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Ken,

It is the same product. What they were testing with us was its clean-ability mixed at various strengths. The company is out of Toronto if I remember right, the chemists are based there. It does have little clean-ability, but its general purpose is for the mold control. The gentleman I talked to lived in Florida but wasn't based out of there. They were looking at the idea at making it a green cleaning product, not sure what their decision was on it.

ken horvath

I know Ray over there. Havn't talked with him in for a year or two. Time for me to give him a call and see what they are up to. It's a hard product for a distributor to carry when you can buy it at Home Depot. I know at one time they wanted to market it to the Restoration distributors.

Back
Top Bottom