Bane Clene

hogjowl

Idiot™
I’m trying to think of someone, who’s still here, that had experience with one.
Stockwell has gone silent and Boyle has been banished.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
How does a Bane unit compare to a PORTABLE not a truckmount?

I grew up with the company as a competitor, and the owner, Bill Bane, as a business friend.

Which model are you speaking of?

What portable are you thinking of comparing it to?

Reactions: Cleanworks

LOV3Y

Name
0_o
i am familiar with the banes.
it still haunts me in my nightmares.

have a local "friend" (hack) that just bought a "new one"

they are trash compared to modern machines. i would personally bring a portable in a house over using a "truck mount" bane "clean"

what is it, 70 psi with water that cant go higher than 165 without destroying the stater?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Years ago, probably in the mid 90’s, I met a dude who bought a brand new one and started a business up on Lake Martin. Million $ homes area. I tried talking to him but he really had an off-putting attitude about him. I realized later that Bane taught that attitude to all his new peeps in the cult. The guy disappeared after a couple of years.

I have a high school “friend” whose daughter has just gone into the maid business. I told him to tell her to get up with me after she’s established and I’d give her a good add-on possibly that would fit into what she’s going to be doing but would tripple her hourly rate.
He didn’t even respond. Either he thinks as highly of me as I do him, or she’s bought a franchise and is in the cult indoctrination period as we speak.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I realized later that Bane taught that attitude to all his new peeps in the cult.

Their newsletters were the greatest.

They mixed some folksy editorials, fairly good relationship marketing ideas (for the era), and general "Norman Rockwell" vibe that attracted many.

They also made sure that they "understood" that suppliers other than they themselves were shady, and other cleaners either mislead or dangerous to associate with.

My favorite was their snide take down of the then "SCT" (Society of Cleaning Technicians)

They called it:

Society of
Heat
Injection
Technicians

Norman Rockwell Americana indeed....

:lol:

Name
Nate W.
Lee's Bane is Tornado tough, proven to withstand anything it can throw at it..

What type of work are you looking to do with a bane? I'm sure there are better options available..

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Just curious how they would compare, apples to apples, if i had a job that required absolute security, (ie. doors locked). Portability and ease of use.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Portability … LOL
I’m told those things are heavy.

Extremely.

All high performance portables are heavy, but today's units usually have large back wheels to make them easier to push and to take up stairs or at least up over a curb.

The Bane unit, unless massively redesigned, is on casters or small wheels, hasn't that ease of use.

Put another way by someone who has gone to the Marty Sutley school of wit:

"It is as portable as a refrigerator on wheels is portable"

Name
Nate W.
I've had the pleasure of using the WorkMaster ETM.. Having to unload it and move it around at a young age, I'm thankful for smaller portables.. How does Bane heat the water?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Extremely.

All high performance portables are heavy, but today's units usually have large back wheels to make them easier to push and to take up stairs or at least up over a curb.

The Bane unit, unless massively redesigned, is on casters or small wheels, hasn't that ease of use.

Put another way by someone who has gone to the Marty Sutley school of wit:

"It is as portable as a refrigerator on wheels is portable"
I can take a refrigerator up stairs as long as I have a good dolly. I wouldn't attempt it with a Bane.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton
J

JS41035

Ugh. Bane. Proof you can get anything clean if you scrub it enough. The best part of Bane was that they made you believe you had the best system around. Don’t worry about chemicals or upgrading or improving equipment. Just focus on getting customers and your business. That worked before the internet. I remember the first time I tried Duane Oxleys propane fired TM. It was impossible to stay with Bane. All the Bogus stuff about how dangerous Gas machines were was gone.
Bane had an amazing opportunity. They had a system. All the Chems and equipment were branded perfect. Add to that the education system they had. And all the marketing. Imagine if they had kept evolving the actual equipment. But they turned out to be like Ford Motor company if it refused to ever change the Model T

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Ugh. Bane. Proof you can get anything clean if you scrub it enough. The best part of Bane was that they made you believe you had the best system around. Don’t worry about chemicals or upgrading or improving equipment. Just focus on getting customers and your business. That worked before the internet. I remember the first time I tried Duane Oxleys propane fired TM. It was impossible to stay with Bane. All the Bogus stuff about how dangerous Gas machines were was gone.
Bane had an amazing opportunity. They had a system. All the Chems and equipment were branded perfect. Add to that the education system they had. And all the marketing. Imagine if they had kept evolving the actual equipment. But they turned out to be like Ford Motor company if it refused to ever change the Model T

Well put.

Had they developed an even moderately powered machine, and/or franchised, they would still be a powerhouse.

Bill Bane and the founder of Stanley Steemer both went to trade shows selling their machines against the Prochems, Steam Genies, Hydramasters, and Big Reds. The Stanley Steemer owner pulled back and made a franchise. Bill Bane pulled back and did his own thing.

Stanley Steemer obviously made the better move.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I used to use one in my classrooms. I used the Ultra port with a little giant on a dolly. It dang sure got the 150 psi water hot. My Bane unit had one cord. I believe the current units have two. There’s really no upside to one over a high performance portable at all. Zero.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I never bought the kool-aid about the other stuff. I always used regular chems from my distributor. I did get some razzing about using one from my disty just because🤷🏼‍♂️😂

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom