Auto Scrubbing for restorative projects is a waste of time

Mikey P

Administrator
It's been 10 plus years since I've used an AutoScrubber..

This LVP floor at my church could have been "wanded" but I chose to try their walk behind for the sake of evaluating the process.

Edges, nooks, around furniture, corners all needed cleaning by hand and the whole project took PXL_20240122_175642256.jpgPXL_20240122_182712987.jpgPXL_20240122_195553106.jpgtwice as long as I if had used my truck out and HS wand..

But as you can see, it worked well when I pre-moped an area with a heavy alkaline.. PXL_20240122_200547804.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Autoscrubbers make sense for regular cleaning and maintenance of larger facilities.

One need only look in the corners and edge in such buildings to see that few of those places ever see the amount of detail work that you performed.

Reactions: KevinL and BIG WOOD

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
You need more practice! A foot on your mop will get the corners just fine. Along the edges as well if needed. Your scrubber looks to be a cylindrical brush model as well. They usually don’t have the head pressure to do as well as regular auto scrubber.

Last edited:

Luky

Name
Mario
It's been 10 plus years since I've used an AutoScrubber..

This LVP floor at my church could have been "wanded" but I chose to try their walk behind for the sake of evaluating the process.

Edges, nooks, around furniture, corners all needed cleaning by hand and the whole project took View attachment 125913View attachment 125914View attachment 125915twice as long as I if had used my truck out and HS wand..

But as you can see, it worked well when I pre-moped an area with a heavy alkaline.. View attachment 125916
Rougly 2000 sqf. ? I'd love to hit it with my Tenant T1 with
IFT from Basic coatings, one tank if solution would suffice, na drying, no wiping, corners debatable. Maybe two hours in very slow pace. I love cleaning wood, laminate or LVP.
Auto srubber is more advanced than I -Robot, but nothing can compare to straight overlap passes of push- self propelled machine
I've seen Auto scrubbers in warehouses do a decent job.

Condog

Name
Tony
Last edited:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I do use a Kaivac 28” floor tool for picking up slurry when stripping floors and not using an auto scrubber. I use a 10” sometimes in restrooms. They’re neat.

Reactions: Condog
Name
Nate W.
I have a brand new one like the video shows.. Lmk who's interested in it.. I bought it cheap and haven't used it.. :lol:

A janitorial franchise CoverAll I think is what they're called.. A sucker is born every minute..

It has its place and looks like it works..

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Nate W.
You'd be able to get a $2 hooker a few times cheap.. :shifty:

The handle is the large part.. I have never done VCT and have no desire to ever want to do it.. But the ex-Navy guys we'd hire, love to strip & wax..

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Funny, I lost count long ago of all the people that did that in the military. Prison too for that matter🤷🏼‍♂️ The best one was the ex con that said they’d put a tshirt on a buffer and shine a floor like glass🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Funny, I lost count long ago of all the people that did that in the military. Prison too for that matter🤷🏼‍♂️ The best one was the ex con that said they’d put a tshirt on a buffer and shine a floor like glass🤣

We had a guy try to convince us that urinating in the floor finish made for a better shine.

I asked him where he learned that....he told me an old janitor who "knew what he was doing"

I told him the guy probably got caught urinating in the finish bucket, and made the story up to stay out of trouble.

I'm convinced this is how a lot of the strange things people do in our industry got started.

Mikey P

Administrator
Somebody suggested that I should have used a two pass (wa;l behind) process, one wiht the vac off but shower feeding and dual brush scrubbing, allow for some dwel time, then another pass wiht the vacuum on

That would have made a heck of a wet mess.....

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Somebody suggested that I should have used a two pass (wa;l behind) process, one wiht the vac off but shower feeding and dual brush scrubbing, allow for some dwel time, then another pass wiht the vacuum on

That would have made a heck of a wet mess.....

The individual that suggested this hasn't much field experience I'm sure...

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
No, it’s true for a deeper scrub. It would be like stripping a floor. The only prob with that machine is the cylindrical brushes don’t do as well on an auto scrubber. Not enough head pressure. But, that person is correct.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
No, it’s true for a deeper scrub. It would be like stripping a floor. The only prob with that machine is the cylindrical brushes don’t do as well on an auto scrubber. Not enough head pressure. But, that person is correct.
Maybe on VCT, but not LVT LVP. That’s literally flooding it and when water gets under it…

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Maybe the dual pass system would work on great big open areas with round corners but I see it leaving way too much standing water during the dwell time.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
You can control how much water you lay down, and how long it stays before vacuuming it up. However, since you’re more comfortable with your tm, by all means go with that. Personally, I’d use a regular auto scrubber and crb for corners.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom