Attn, Ruggies....

-JB-

Name
JB
Zebra pelt, used as a rug.

Adhered/glued to wool felt, dog has been using it as a urinal, any advice for "correction" or names would be great thanks.

JB

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
:lol: Some dog has a crush on the Rug!

Seriously pictures would be good. Some of these pelts can stand up to full wash and decontamination. Others will literally fall apart and if its been hit that hard and that heavily... I'd say they won't be willing to invest the money needed to completely cure the rug.

-JB-

Name
JB
I'd say they won't be willing to invest the money needed to .

... so... how do you "completely cure the rug"?

your alluding that their is somehow more to it than a "normal" decon. :?:

PS... this dude can afford it. !gotcha!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Well.. I'm assuming on this one so bare with me.. Pictures would be very helpful.

First you really can't promise perfection on the staining just a cure to the odor situation.

If I understand the rug correctly, You have a zebra pelt/hide glued to a piece of wool felt. So You'll have to treat the fur, the leather, and the wool felt. Assume that the wool felt will delaminate in a wash pit, so you have the cost of replacing or repairing it. If the felt is heavily saturated, it may be better off replacing it. You'll have to treat the leather for smell and dry rot from the urine. Roger Koh may have some good tricks and chemistries for that but you'll basically have to clean, deoderize and remoisturize the leather. Then their is the actuel fur, which if in decent shape I would deodorize in a wash pit with Masterblend skunk out and probably a preapplication of an acid rinse to break up urine deposits and keep things on the acid side. Get all of the urine out of it. I'd probably use masterblend's anti allergen deodorizer for the leather then clean the leather gently and re moisturize. Follow with a reapplication of the backing material.

But again its all depedent on the preinspection.. If its a weak leather or if the leather was already dry rotted (hence the reason for the secondary backing).. Then I wouldn't touch it. This is one of those rugs, were if its been abused as often as you say then its Go Hard, or let it Go.

-JB-

Name
JB
Well.. I'm assuming on this one so bare with me.. Pictures would be very helpful.
... I know, I know, dude just called today, gimme a lil time will ya?

But again its all dependent on the pre-inspection.. If its a weak leather or if the leather was already dry rotted (hence the reason for the secondary backing).. Then I wouldn't touch it. This is one of those rugs, were if its been abused as often as you say then its Go Hard, or let it Go.
... good leather, or at least it SHOULD be, less that a four year old kill, but we'll see.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom