ARGOSHEEN

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Is this a good bonnet or OP cleaner?

Is it a "Green" product?

And where do you get it and how much to do you pay for it?

Can you bonnet clean furniture with it too?

Its not some enCAPsULAtION scampoo Crap is it?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Maybe Susan can post some pics of her work using argosheen.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
LOL… someone here uses it. I got a nice letter form Anne sanders of Argosheen a week ago asking if she could quote me about my comments using Argosheen? I don’t know if she realizes I was being sarcastic or not, or if she was engaging in a battle of sarcasm ? The letter appeared to be banged out on a manual typewriter and it smelled like a retirement home.

randy

Name
Randy
I tested a gallon years ago and would only recommend it's use in a VACANT, well ventilated building and with a full respirator (and a few advils on the truck).

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jimmy,

I just got a case in today....I have used it fo 20 years....
Although everyone laughs at this product......It is a great option to have on the truck...

It is great for in-home area rug cleaning....Especially wools...."mast the natural smell of
damp wool !!!"

Fantastic on any FABRIC......and spotting solution for oil based stains........

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Argosheen is not green but the stuff is amazing for bonnet cleaning. Kicks ass on soda spills. I went through 50-60 cases a month back in my Janitorial days. They wouldn't let me be a distributor but I'm friends with the janitorial supply house who has it so if someone needs some I hook them up. Do not use it if your scared of cancer (Butyl)

If you want to try some Jimmy call me and I'll send you a gallon at my cost. they also make a spotter in the can that is pretty damn good as well.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
If I'm not mistaken Argosheen contains STODDARD solvent as in what WD-40 contains and not buytl.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jimmy,

That is my understanding as well......

Although Lisa & John both have made mention of the buytl... :?:

Jimmy....you can call Mrs Sanders...God Bless her !...she has to be 80 plus....
She is there everyday.....& answer the phone... :?: She is quiet knowledgable
in carpet cleaning...

I believe they have removed or reduced the buytl in the formula... :?:

If I could have only one chemical on the truck....It would be ARGOSHEEN !!!!!!!

WE HAVE USED IT AS A PRESPRAY....on RAT NASTYs & BERBERS....works GREAT....
Cuts through GREASE & DOG OILS really well...................

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Didn't they make a hair lotion to get that greased back look too?

Brillcream aka argosheen or is that just a change of name to market it to minorities?

gary mackay

I loved the stuff when I Op'd, the smell turned me on so much I would get extremely excited & would have to take a dump! When I stopped using it my doctor told me I had to use metemucil for the rest of my life to stay regular? To this day if I smell something close to argosheen I get serious gas.

Greenie

It is a pretty good spotter and bonnet cleaner, but that Stoddard is nasty stuff. As I recall the Dilution ratio was atrocious, and it ended up being a little spendy.

It's good to hear they reduced the Butyl, but that defintely wasn't the smell, it was very distinct.

Of course all the 20 year guys are sterile now, so choose wisely.....I'm ordering a pallet full.

ron markam

I cannot speak for anyone but myself.It works extremly well as a bonnet cleaner but unless I wore a respirator I would get nasty headaches.I no longer use it because of health concerns but as a cleaner it takes care of business.

stevegrant

You guys had better be careful about saying Argosheen contains buytl or did contain it.
You could be facing a lawsuit with this untrue defamation of product. If you will check the MSDS-old and new, you can clearly see it does not contain buytl.

Steve

Greenie

Steve, get a grip.

Ain't nobody suing anyone over a small detail, I promise you it would cost far more thna you would ever recoup just to see it into year one of a suit....ask me how I know?

Besides, the butyl isn't the harsh stuff, that stoddard is brutal on ya, so who would be suing whom?

Chris A

Name
Chris
stevegrant said:
You guys had better be careful about saying Argosheen contains buytl or did contain it.
You could be facing a lawsuit with this untrue defamation of product. If you will check the MSDS-old and new, you can clearly see it does not contain buytl.

Steve

You're more of a buzzkill than Buzz Killington, untrue defamation of product? Get a job douchebag...

susansmith

It's me again! You seem to be tired of hearing my praises of Argosheen, but these comments about buytl are so absured, I had to write again. I'll bet plenty of you heard John Geurkink's wife , back before they switched to a cheaper private label product, say that she cleaned the bird cages of her exotic birds with Argosheen for all those years because the birds' lungs were so fragile and she knew how safe Argosheen was. She probably has some left and is still using it.

If you know anything about the product, you know it has been tested by the stringent laboratories of all the major airlines, and is safe for interior and exterior of planes as well as the employees.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Hydramaster's ZIP DRI is another solvent bonnet cleaner that reeks but probably compares to argosheen.

Steve what a low life POS comment.

Susan with all the outdated information put out by argosheen I have no doubt that it was used back in the 60's to clean airplanes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom