Anyone want to see one of Bob Savage's machines at MF?

Mikey P

Administrator
I sure do, never seen one up close. Only a half ass Nordic1 abortion with a pickle barrel in my drive way but Guerkink's fat ass was in the way.

Anyways, what with Obamanomics the day of the EEeLeCtriK truckmount is here boys.

Get in line to stroke the Savage beAst.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
But is it really a electric machine when it runs off a 18 horse generator?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd like to see it, I hear they have lots of power and plenty of heat.

But Jimmy is right that's not all electric if it needs a genset to run it.

F

FB7777

ya sure why not

it has a propane heater, an onboard generator for convenience and runs on electricity

Its the industries first Tri-brid

Todd Anthony

It would be nice to see some good pictures and see a nice video of it in action . Also some input on the performance from some of the TM guru;s would be nice too . I think you can run it on 2 cords and then you dont need a generator . It's easy to see that it has good heat and 500 psi to clean carpet , but how is the vac ? that is the question . If it is as good as they say it is then i;m suprised it;s not alot more popular .

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
During the 80's energy crisis we had a Workmaster electric unit built by Steam Services, Fresno.

It ran off 2-cords, hybrid vacuum used dual lamb blowers with #3 Sutorbuilt, heater was propane.

Decent vacuum, not great, but it worked well in the 150ft range. We used it for years, then eventually made a plant machine out of it, until it came unglued and we scrapped it.

So will the Savage TM be a full paid vendor ? Or will it be a guy in a trench coat hanging out in the parking lot across from Bruders place standing next to an Astro Van wanting to avoid the fee's ?

F

FB7777

I heard he was gonna split a booth 3 ways with duane and Krazzy Kenny

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Marty said:
I'd love to see one, and test drive it. For Bob's sake, I hope he doesn't bring the one in the Astro van this time.

Good grief Marty, it's in my Astro van because it fits in there.

I'll tell you what though. If you'd like to test drive one soon, I have a SAVAGE BEAST owner in Enterprise, AL. I believe that's less than 30 minutes from you. He is from Russell's Carpet Cleaning. If you'd like, I call him and see if he would not mind showing you his SAVAGE BEAST.

Let me know.

jimmy said:
But is it really a electric machine when it runs off a 18 horse generator?

Jimmy - the 18HP generator in there was put in there with the 1st generation SAVAGE truckmount, which took 3 cords to power it. Now the SAVAGE BEAST 3rd generation electric truckmount, needs only 1 -15 amp circuit for the entire truckmount — the pressure pump, the vacuum, the heater, and the APO.

The 18 HP generator has dust on it. I only run it occasionally so it does not just sit un-used.

I promise you will be amazed at how much cleaning power this little electric truckmount has.

With a 30 GPM APO, I can clean all day long and not have to attend to the recovery tank at all.

I am looking forward to MF.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Chris,

Funny you should ask that, as that is the same thing that Mikey just asked me.

I will play by the rules.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well Bob, here's the deal.

I know you want to bring a machine out for the gang to get a gander at and you and I both realize that you may sell one or two off it's exposure there. Maybe more if you're willing to lie a bit :wink:

Seeing how you don't have the marketing budget of a company like Mytee, Prochem or Judson how about you kick in a $150 towards some food and drinks and for every machine you sell from the show I get a $200 Kick Back.

Sound fair?

For that you get a parking spot, a chunk of dirty carpet, a hose hook up, a power source, a table if you want it and mention in the M6F marketing material.

The same offer goes to Duane, freeflow and Nordic1

harryhides

Name
Tony
fred boyle said:
ya sure why not

it has a propane heater, an onboard generator for convenience and runs on electricity

Its the industries first Tri-brid

Not quite Fred, I already have a Tri-Brid TM that is good for 150 ft of 2' Hose runs and as a Porty for everything else..

Electric Nordic unit on wheels, inside a truck that is removable but can also operate as a Porty on Commercial jobs.
Generator for when we need it.
Lil Giant Propane Heater.

Works well but we've only been running it for a few months.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Mikey,

I am not looking for a special deal. Thank you for your offer though.

The last email we had I explained to you that I would like to mingle and enjoy the event, not sit in a space for 2 days hawking wares.

I will bring the SAVAGE BEAST, in the Astro van, demo it, and enjoy the entire event. I will pay the $500 fee as a vendor. If I am going to be there as a vendor, I should pay what they are all paying, regardless of budgets and pockets.

I understand what goes into putting these events together as I was on the Summerfest Committee for several years, and even personally kicked in money when a shortfall came up at the Atlanta Summerfest over what we owed for our Friday night dinners. Our person in charge of those dinners that night didn't collect enough money from participants.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, if you insist on bringing that Astro, then at least pull out half the junk from the rear and roll up those hoses properly. It hurt my cosmetic sensitivity to see such disorganization in a demo-rig.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Marty,

It has a 200' vacuum hose reel, a "live" solution hose reel, and a "live" fresh water hose reel.

This is not the same setup you saw before.

You are going to be there, right?

(click on the link below to see all 3 hose reels)

Mikey P

Administrator
I understand what goes into putting these events together as I was on the Summerfest Committee for several years, and even personally kicked in money when a shortfall came up at the Atlanta Summerfest over what we owed for our Friday night dinners. Our person in charge of those dinners that night didn't collect enough money from participants.

Well that certainly sound familiar, doesn't it Terje?

Bob, I never said you had to stay in your booth for 48 hours.

Set up the van and go to the bar for all I care, it just would not be fair for the other manufacturers who paid to let you run your machine and thanks a f'n lot for making me feel like Larry Cooper here.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Mikey said:

Set up the van and go to the bar for all I care, it just would not be fair for the other manufacturers who paid to let you run your machine and thanks a f'n lot for making me feel like Larry Cooper here.
No, it would not be fair. We all should share the fee equally.

Who's Larry Cooper?

....and I'll take the spot next to the biggest, baddest truckmount there. ...lol

randy

Name
Randy
Bob Savage said:
Mikey said:

No, it would not be fair. We all should share the fee equally.

Who's Larry Cooper?

....and I'll take the spot next to the biggest, baddest truck mount there. ...lol

Bob your a class act, I hope you come so I get to meet you. Thanks for being willing to help fund the event.

Mike : feeling like Larry Cooper, LOL that was too funny !

clean one

Bob is a good person i have been knowing him for quite a few yrs , since Pensacola Fl way back when. I'm planning on being there too.
Oh yes i would like to see a Savage machine there too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom