Anyone want some fun?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I got this "lead" today.
Please feel free to email him with a quote, but share it with us, too.

---------
Darrin wrote:
I have a potential opportunity for a one year contract. It is located in Eufaula, AL and for 2 commercial buildings. One building is 3500 square ft. and the other is 400 square ft. The cleaning is for either Tuesdays or Thursdays every two weeks. There are biweekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annually, and yearly services that need to be performed. Unfortunately, a site visit is not available due to the timing but if you are interested, please email me a quote at lagrond1@brabantlinen.com.
------

FredC

Village Idiot
Well, he is in nebraska at his primary location right now. I can see where that would make a site visit difficult.

https://brabantlinens.com/about-us

The domain he contacted you from, although not live, is registered to Darrin La Grone

seems like you would just contact him and tell him you needed more info

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
So I must have bruised Darrin's ego a little:
  • 8:25pm
    Darrin wrote:
    Yes Really! Many organizations provide quotes based upon square footage, rooms, fixtures, furniture placement, and diagrams but if your company is not sophisticated enough to do this we certainly understand. Thanks!
    -----

See, he didn't offer any of that in his first message. This is what I call "dragging the goal posts." It is why I treat these sort of leads as spam. So I replied:
    ------
    9:11pm
    Many companies provide quotes for unspecified services in unspecified areas, based on nothing more than an estimated gross square footage?

No, Darrin. I provide quotes based on observed conditions, actual measurements and a thorough understanding of the client and his/her needs. What you asked for is a bit like asking "How much to fix my car? It is a Ford."

I am not a game player and have no interest in someone as vague and frankly, rude as you have presented yourself.
    ---

Mikey P

Administrator
It's not just commercial accounts asking for quotes like this.

My NV yelp account gets almost daily request

Hello. We are looking for a pre memorial party cleaning for a 3600 sqft house over the course of two days the 22nd and 23rd. We are also looking for a weekly cleaning after. Please let me know pricing. Thank you

Hi
Wondering what an average 3 bedroom house all carpet cost to clean? We are off Stephanie.
Not Sure the square footage.
Thanks,
Lisa

almost none reply back to my Please Call for an accurate quote request. Most of the competition here will just toss out a hhole house $80 price.

Reactions: Old Coastie

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Most of the competition here will just toss out a hhole house $80 price.
Still will cost extra $30 for pretreatment from carpet evergreen cop company...otherwise, wand prepray only..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Next time....
Ask for pictures and measurement and you can give him a reasonable "ball park". Although without the actual site inspection it is just a ball park. I'm sure he is right, some big outfits can just give a sq/ft and they either make it work or they lose their ass. You are smart enough not to play that game. However he did get your feathers ruffled...as you later got his. lol

Reactions: Old Coastie

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Richard, I get a number of test probes from companies who then want to market themselves to me. Most are by phone, a number by email and some over the Stinkernet. They seem to follow the same pattern; a vague request, an offer of big money and a blind guess.
I know you must get a hundred a day.
A real request does not resemble anything written by a Nigerian prince. If this was a real request, he should have offered more information to follow, not asked for a quote up front.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes Stephen I do. :errf:

Mostly calls and I ask that they are emailed to me. Its easier to ditch them with email.
I just copy and pasted a canned "thank you for the consideration but not interested".

I have one for cheese ball advertising opportunities too. :biggrin:

Fast, effortless and done with little dirt on me. :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yes Stephen I do. :errf:

Mostly calls and I ask that they are emailed to me. Its easier to ditch them with email.
I just copy and pasted a canned "thank you for the consideration but not interested".

I have one for cheese ball adverting opportunities too. :biggrin:

Fast, effortless and done with little dirt on me. :winky:
Just say NO to d, er, rugs.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Me?
I'm Mr Boring, the most boring man in the world.
A regular Dudley Doright. I don't touch the stuff. I see what it did to bawb.

he's all fooked up, so I stay far away! :winky:

FredC

Village Idiot
If this was a real request, he should have offered more information to follow, not asked for a quote up front.

and all the people selling cars should list the miles and upload pics....but they don't

I somehow doubt a senior sales and marketing manager at RJ Reynolds was trolling you...........but who knows...maybe his email was hacked

Last edited:

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Fred, I assume you have the skills to track down who Darrin is. I don't and can only respond to his request and persona as he presented them.

He asked for a price for (not specified) based on (not specified) for a business which (not specified).

I do not give a flying fart if this was Bill Gates, he needs to learn how to approach a potential vendor in a way that seperates him from a horde of spammers. I was direct; he was insulting. If I ever want insults, I need only comment on my portable equipment and voila!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

FredC

Village Idiot
Lol...you think what will happen is he will learn proper etiquette as you see it? Nope, somebody will be cleaning his carpet. It just won't be you.

It isn't about being able to dox the guy. I did that simply to show that he is most likely a real lead that doesn't know what exactly to ask to get a proper quote. You probably deal with people who just want a price on the phone all the time.

You presented him here like he was a 419scammer or something for other members to fook with...............

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Ain't nothin but a thing. No doubt Darrin will form a deeply intimate connection with some cleaner who understands his, er... quirks better than I do.

For some reason, that makes me happy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom