Anyone using an ipad for Service Monster?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
My Windows laptop has some bugs so thinking about purchasing an Ipad.

Last time I tried the ipad w service monster it seemed sorta clumbsy, akward and not as fast for navigating SM.

What's your experience? Is an ipad as fast as windows once you get accustomed to it?

dgargan

for now there is a diluted down version app of SM for the iPad. It works and lets you do the basics. There should be a version coming soon that works with safari and that should give you the same service as windows.

West

Name
Clint
It does have its limitations, but my iPad is super fast with 4G. I have been using it daily for 2 months and could not imagine being without it now. Goes with me every where.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
ServiceMonster sucks using a tablet.

1. can't look up site History.

2. Can't copy a previous Order.

3. have to drill down like 4 levels to create a new order.

4. can't edit Fillmyschedule orders.

what takes 60 seconds using InternetExplorer can't even be completed using a tablet.

can't wait for the new version to come out.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Yeah the mobile program isn't really acceptable in my opinion. Pretty crazy to sit there in front of a client... even with my ipad with verizon LTE 4g. You have to dig down multiple layers to do anything within that program. Not to mention that every time you let it sit for a few minutes you have to log yourself back in to the program. (love that part)!

The program needs a simple to use app that is downloaded onto your ipad/iphone etc. Than you log in to see your schedule from the road... Simple, quick, and efficient.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
On second thought,

Service monster and my new Verizon 4g Tablet computer rocks!

Granted, a few SM features are missingf in the mobile version but the speed and convienence of the table, not to mention built in gps, more than make up for it.

Two thumbs up!

Joe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom