Anyone have experience with Cardiomyopathy?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
My 15 year old son (Colton) has been back and forth to the cardiologist for the last couple weeks getting extensive testing done. At first they thought he had simple tachycardia, but now they feel he has cardiomyopathy, he has more testing this week and next week to determine exactly what type of cardiomyopathy he has and how to best treat/manage it.

Reading about it on the internet has me pretty scared, and I'm looking to see if anyone has it themselves or has a family member who has it and what their experience has been. If you know the specific type that would be helpful as well. How has it impacted your/their life and what kinds of treatments have you tried?

Thanks and take care,
Lisa

Bob Foster

Lisa I hope he will be OK. He's young and as such can adapt and avoid damage that might have occurred if he had not been diagnosed early. Many of today's heart diseases and congenital defects are much more treatable and more easily managed than in the past because the drugs and technology are now way more advanced than even five years ago.

Think positive (like you always do).

Name
Kevin McCreary
Lisa,
Also remember not to read into too much of what you see on the internet.
There is a lot of health misinformation out there. Its easy to get worked up over
something that the internet might make seem worse than it is. Our thoughts and prayers are
with you guys.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I also, being an advocate for Jesus Christ offer my prayers...

I pray the Holy Spirit would bring healing to his body..........

Chads

Supportive Member
Lisa, Prayer is a good start, but the main piece of advise I could give you, other than God is get many Not 2,or 3 but many different oppions before starting treatments and make sure they the doctors are not connected too many misdiagnoses.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Got to agree with Chad. Get a second, third and forth opinion! Our prayers are with you and your son!

Able 1

Name
Keith
I thought I was dying a couple times by reading things on the internet...

As Kevin said don't believe everything you read on the web.

Both of my kids are monitored for there hearts.

Good luck to you and your son!

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Lisa, sorry to read about your sons condition...i can't imagine how upsetting/stressful this must be for you and family (and him)....i hope that everything turns out o.k. and wish your son all the best!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom