Anyone have a box to enter a discount code on their website?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd like to add a box to our website where clients can enter a discount code.

I want to capture their email address and build our data base of emails so we can do promotions throughout the year without the use of snail mail.

I'd also like to track how we are doing with individual radio stations so I can seen which are pulling for us and add more to or take away from those we are not seeing any movement.

Anyone doing it? Are you using Constant Contact?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen

I want to capture their email address and build our data base of emails so we can do promotions throughout the year without the use of snail mail.

I'd also like to track how we are doing with individual radio stations so I can seen which are pulling for us and add more to or take away from those we are not seeing any movement.

That's a lot of questions, Chavez! Things slow with the internet drama this morning? :)

My question on the whole "discount code box" is do you want to go there? Don't just throw it up there unless you want to start offering well ... discounts. (If you do the discount box then put a little question mark next to it that takes people to a landing page explaining how they can qualify for your "discount codes". If you are promoting email signups then you could offer them say... a 15.00 discount on their next cleaning for signing up.)

If you really want to capture emails (and you should) then be very careful that people "opt in" when they sign up for which specific emails they want to receive. For example, HERE is our sign-up page for our resources on the SFS site. Any of the big email programs (and especially Constant Contact) are death for you if you get hit with customer spam notices.

Steve

PS Matt and I use Mailchimp for our weekly QuickTIPS email and if you don't want the QT's any more PLEASE don't hit us with a "spam" notification. Just "unsubscribe"! :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's a lot of questions, Chavez!
:biggrin: yea I'm full of questions, well I'm full of sumptin! :eekk:

I'd like to offer specific codes for each radio station so when they go to get the coupon sent to them I can see how many and from which station. As far as going forward I'd offer seasonal specials or air duct special following their carpet cleaning.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member

I like it.

What do you think of using the promo to introduce another service?
Example a furniture promo for carpet ad or carpet promo for duct ad, carpet promo for tile cleaning, etc.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like it.

What do you think of using the promo to introduce another service?
Example a furniture promo for carpet ad or carpet promo for duct ad, carpet promo for tile cleaning, etc.
Yes that would be the plan once I have their email we run periodic discounts on select services that they would have a code for. It the campaign could be easily tracked by how many used the code.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
I'm going to say this as politely as I can: WTF are you thinking? I try and I try and I try.... lol. OK, here we go, regarding the radio ad tracking. use different phone numbers that track unique radio ads all ported back to your main line. (I can't believe I said radio ads, ugh)Then review your phone bill incoming calls. Here's a company that will do it for you, and I know how you like that.... http://www.whoscalling.com . Unfortunately they aren't free either.

Regarding a Promotion box... see the attached or go to http://demo.fittlebug.com use zip code 60174 and on the right put the word "chavez" in the Promotion box. Then start choosing other items beyond the promotion. Call if you have questions...

Also see tracking image...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks I'll bring up your phone idea. I have a web person coming in at 1:00 today and we see if that's feasible.

Steve are you working on sq/ft Fittlebug for me yet? :p

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Just signed a guy up that uses sq footage at Chemdry. There are ways. Consumers ARE NOT going to measure every square foot of their request. They will choose however something like this.... If they are online, reviewing your booking system, they don't want you coming out - they would have called.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hey you're almost there, you just need a calculator for each room now. :icon_cool:
I still love the Fittlebug live booking idea, I just would like sq/ft!

I know in another year or so you'll do it and them you claim it as your idea! :winky:
LOL

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Don't hold your breath! It was thought of 4 years ago and nixed because a consumer doesn't think in terms of square feet or measurements; only providers. I get why you guys like it. It allows you the ability to get in front of the client twice and some want that... more and more not so much lately. 20,30, 40, and even 50 year old choose to use technologies that empower their time, not take it. For god sakes Chavez.... it's not different for you than someone calling you up of a job and describing it as 200 sq ft, when it really was 220. LOL What do you do then? Adjust or not, right. You know that you can create terms and conditions. Another way to think of it is if someone lies to you on the phone about the "exact" measurement intentionally or not, hang up on them; cause that's kind of what your doing to them by not allowing them to book you online, on their time, based on your time.... anytime. just sayin' (Love ya!):winky:

BTW... this just hit my email... what a concept!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom