Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Appears similar to Gecko except:

PMF head is 12", Gecko is 14"

PMF head rigid, Gecko head swivels and is interchangeable

PMF valve below wand tube, Gecko above

Are you looking for an alternative to Gecko? Why?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Gecko you have to purchase the base wand and then all of the heads and near 200 a pop... There are plenty of jobs where a regular floor wand would be helpful..

Perhaps you are cleaning up an old vinyl floor, floor machine does all the work, you just need to rinse and extract.. spinner is a little overboard for said job. Also maintenance cleaning of stone floor. A regular floor wand would be quicker for the low pressure application.

Doing stonework: having a regular floor want like this to rinse and pickup slurry would be ooberly beneficial. Really doing any kinda of lighter soiling hard surface work save hardwood, this would be beneficial.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
The PMF wand looks like it has a good working height, where the Gecko is set up for somebody that is three feet tall.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Brian L said:
The PMF wand looks like it has a good working height, where the Gecko is set up for somebody that is three feet tall.

I'm gonna take my Gecko to the muffler shop to get bent a few more degrees.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Kevin, is that the raptor you bought?

I'm looking for a similiar tool mainly for slurry cleanup. I'll wait till Mike has his for a while.

Albert

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Albert Lazo said:
Kevin, is that the raptor you bought?

I'm looking for a similiar tool mainly for slurry cleanup. I'll wait till Mike has his for a while.

Albert

It is not a Raptor.

You might not want to wait on Mike.
He asked the same question on this exact
tool probably a year ago.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
How much was it Mikey? I need one to hook up to the shop vac and pepsi sprayer. :mrgreen:

No, really....How much?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok for the last time Mikey pays FULL Price and FULL shipping. He likes the idea of us staying in business. His is costing more then that as it is being made custom for his size and needs. I ammnot even sure how much more until I get the bill I just told them to build it and send me the bill. If anyone wants one your welcome to call me and I'll be happy to get one out to you as well.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Actually John, I missed the post where Mike said he ordered it from you, now I see it. I just did a Google search and posted the first price that came up.

You promise? :mrgreen:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
LOL it just bugs me that people think Mikey gets his stuff free. He doesn't ask for discounts and doesn't expect them and I don't ask for or expect discounts on my advertising. The deals we made are the same as everyone else's ( well a little different since I have the mark :mrgreen: ) but nothing substantial monetarily that is. Mikey is the kind of customer that you would walk through he'll with.

Steve Manier

Hopefully It's nothing like that POS Raptor I bought from you a few years ago that I can't do shit with now. What a peice of garbage that was suppose to be the best! Now no one wants to talk about Raptors!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Now that you're through sucking his dick...how much is it? :mrgreen:

Yes, I know...call.

You know I'm too damn impatient for that! shiteatinggrin

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Steve Manier said:
Hopefully It's nothing like that POS Raptor I bought from you a few years ago that I can't do shit with now. What a peice of garbage that was suppose to be the best! Now no one wants to talk about Raptors!
At the time it was. Your only choice was the raptor or the gekko which had the gun under the hoses instead of on top like the raptor and the current gekko. So from the POS's that was available you got the best POS :mrgreen:

And Brian it is the f'n weekend I'll get you a price when I'm in the office. Do you want a custom or stock tool?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
At the time it was. Your only choice was the raptor or the gekko which had the gun under the hoses instead of on top like the raptor and the current gekko. So from the POS's that was available you got the best POS :mrgreen:

And Brian it is the f'n weekend I'll get you a price when I'm in the office. Do you want a custom or stock tool?[/quote:1nl5frxz]

John I'm just curious of the price. I'm not actively looking for a wand. I may in the near future so I would like to see what my options are.
Thanks for puttin up with my annoying ass. I reread my post and I sure do come across like a real prick sometimes. lol

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
So John, anyone, what makes this wand better then the raptor?.

I was also looking at the Mytee Croc o tile. It's 6" vs 12 but I think it could work for me. Mainly looking for edges and slurry clean up. If the 6" of the Mytee cover the whole width it may work.

Albert

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
My problem with all tile wands are they don't have a thin enough edge to get closed to the walls and cabinets. Always that 1/4 inch of dark grout that you have to hit by hand. Even the Gecko wouldn't get it without lifting the front and wetting the hell out of whatever was in front of it.

Like a squeeqy type base instead of the 1/4 inch or better base. Not sure what the hell they were thinking.

The thin squeegy could act as a barrier to keep the baseboards from getting wet. Hellure?

I should design these things. :|

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Just like everthing else in this industry opinions differ widely. Everyone has their own opinion that is influenced for one reason or another. Half the folks on here use what I consider sub-standard chems because they are cheap and since they are cheap they think they are the best or they are buying the newest board "Kool aid" the best thing Albert is to walk into your distributor and hold them and you decide. If not then get a gekko with the 14" brus head and be happy. Your short enough that it will do everything you want and is interchangeable. If you want a custom fixed head like the one I am having made for Mikey we can do that to but since it is custome it is non-returnable or you can order a standard one and try it on 1 job and if you don't like it return it just pay shipping

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Brian R said:
My problem with all tile wands are they don't have a thin enough edge to get closed to the walls and cabinets. Always that 1/4 inch of dark grout that you have to hit by hand. Even the Gecko wouldn't get it without lifting the front and wetting the hell out of whatever was in front of it.

Like a squeeqy type base instead of the 1/4 inch or better base. Not sure what the hell they were thinking.

The thin squeegy could act as a barrier to keep the baseboards from getting wet. Hellure?

I should design these things. :|
It has to be able to suck Brian. Think about it then read your post and slap your forehead and say DOH!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Lol...I hear ya John

But I don't see why a squeegy head (a sturdy squeegy type lip) would be such a problem.

Just make it the same material as the lip now.....just thinner.

Yes? No?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Brian you need two sides to create a slot for the vacuum how small of a slit do you think you can have and still get vac with ou collapse or clogging issues? I know for sure they have all tried to make it as small as possible. If you can make it smaller they would all love to have your design.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, that makes sense.
I started thinking like a hard plastic edge like an icescraper that wouldn't collapse. The slot would still by the size of the gecko...maybe a little smaller...but the thin edges would probably crack or chip.

I suppose if you prep a room correctly, this shouldn't be a problem anyway. !dork!

I tried both the brush head and the squeegee head for the gecko last week. Both are 4 jet internal spray.

The squeegee head is for uneven surfaces or excellent water recovery.

The brush head allows you to scrub and rinse at the same time.

The squeegee head is impossible to push forward with decent suck. It has to be picked up, placed in front of you, and used on a backward cleaning stroke. Forget about pushing it forward.

The brush head is too slow and does not recover the water as good as a spinner tool.

If I had to choose, I would go with the brush head and use it just for areas I couldn't get with the spinner tool.

The gecko really sucks imo.

I'm not a big fan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom