any opinions on ProChem Legends?

richd8980

20hp air cooled with about 3000 hours is that about all one can expect to get out of it?

If properly maintained, they will go 10-12 thousand hours or more. I would get the new Legend GT. I saw one today and it was very impressive. The heat design has been changed and runs 20-30 degrees hotter than the Legend XL. The exhaust from the engine is around 1200 degrees, but the exhaust from the blower is only 400 to 500 degrees. On the Legend Xl the two heat sources would mix together lowering the exhaust temp from the engine. Now the engine heats one heat exchanger directly and then the other heat sources are captured. Very nice machine. I would not buy a legend se or any other older prochem model.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Matt Murdock said:
too weak. will last

I dunno about the weak, I took a gander at one at Jon-Don ATL, and pushed a wand with it, and the vac was pretty impressive. The new ones have a 45 blower in 'em.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Chris Adkins said:
we put 8000 hours on an original Prochem Legend with an 18 Horse Kohler.

wow..that's a lot of hours for an air cooled engine.
Not unheard of, but not the norm.... which is generally in the 4000 to 6000 hour range
Was it replaced/rebuilt once, Chris?

Rich, any TM that is well maintained should get well over 3000 hours.
So, "IF" well maintained, there's should plenty life left on it.

also, if the frame isn't rusted out, you can virtually keep any TM running for ever by replacing/servicing the parts/components that wear out or break.

..L.T.A.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I had a very similar machine and used a legend for about a week waiting for my APEX and it is too weak in my opinion

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I have a couple of them in my area that have over 4000 hours and they still run great.

Chris A

Name
Chris
grouNd meAt said:
[quote="Chris Adkins":2vmwrjxn]we put 8000 hours on an original Prochem Legend with an 18 Horse Kohler.

wow..that's a lot of hours for an air cooled engine.
Not unheard of, but not the norm.... which is generally in the 4000 to 6000 hour range
Was it replaced/rebuilt once, Chris?

Rich, any TM that is well maintained should get well over 3000 hours.
So, "IF" well maintained, there's should plenty life left on it.

also, if the frame isn't rusted out, you can virtually keep any TM running for ever by replacing/servicing the parts/components that wear out or break.

..L.T.A.[/quote:2vmwrjxn]

Original engine, pump and blower. We took extremely good care of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom