Any of you sell your services on Amazon?

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
what is your current customer acquisition cost?
10% to Property Concierge, Property Managers and Interior Decorators for cleaning referrals. I give 20% to one Interior Decorator who specializes in new construction but it's for sealing new grout and counter tops...shower enclosures. I bid that work at a much higher hourly rate.

20% is about what you might spend anyways to reach new customers.
If you try it I would be interested in knowing how it worked and what were the customers like compared to other Customers you get through other methods that cost you that amount.

Reactions: Nomad74

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
20% is about what you might spend anyways to reach new customers.

It looks -at a quick glance- better than some of them Groupon ripoffs.
Yes but you would be marketing your company. Not Amazon.

When you get tired of getting fooked by them you walk away and they market the next slob.

You'd be ahead spenting the same monies building your brand.
Like Groupon, price shoppers are going to be hard to convert in to full price clients.

Ohh I got this info from the ServiceMonster video last week! :cool:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Yes but you would be marketing your company. Not Amazon.

When you get tired of getting fooked by them you walk away and they market the next slob.

You'd be ahead spenting the same monies building your brand.
Like Groupon, price shoppers are going to be hard to convert in to full price clients.

Ohh I got this info from the ServiceMonster video last week! :cool:

I don't know... Yes it goes through Amazon but I think you'll set your price and your name is being used. And of course after the initial meet-greet-clean, you will be leaving your card your marketing material/reminders cookie baking turkey stuffing recipe or whatever stupid thing you do.

To me amazon has a better name feel than Groupon, that was always about one thing: cheap cheap cheap deal deal deal. Amazon doesn't have that "always the cheapest" feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Pruitt

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I have an account zero work. Wait a lady found me on yelps then purchased the discount on amazon for the savings.

I maybe charging to much for my area.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Well, I figured I'd test the Amazon waters. I signed up today, so I'll fill you in on all the dirty gossip of how big these jobs are and what kind of jobs they turn out to be. If I end up losing money on them, I'll just sign off and send Amazon a picture of my middle finger in the air. That's how I left my job as a car salesman before I started cleaning carpet.

Josh Almanza

Name
Josh Almanza
Well, I figured I'd test the Amazon waters. I signed up today, so I'll fill you in on all the dirty gossip of how big these jobs are and what kind of jobs they turn out to be. If I end up losing money on them, I'll just sign off and send Amazon a picture of my middle finger in the air. That's how I left my job as a car salesman before I started cleaning carpet.
Up to this point how has it worked out, so far? Any jobs from it yet??

FredC

Village Idiot
not sure if it just the first time I noticed or it was new but there was a carpet cleaning ad on the amazon front page for me today

am1.jpg
am2.jpg

Edit: Link to carpet cleaning page
[parsehtml]<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=swsfcc-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B00UBX91P6&asins=B00UBX91P6&linkId=9887fdf2424feee656beb4e6fec588fe&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe>[/parsehtml]

Last edited:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
what is your current customer acquisition cost?

They ask this question often on the Shark Tank, and seems like an important figure.
So Fred, what data do I use to figure this cost?
Until recently I only marketed to my existing clients with reminder cards, oh except with my epic fail with EDDM. :hopeless:

FredC

Village Idiot
They ask this question often on the Shark Tank, and seems like an important figure.
Until recently I only marketed to my existing clients with reminder cards, oh except with my epic fail with EDDM. :hopeless:

basically all marketing expenses (ppc ads,eddm, site/hosting/seo, etc)/number of new customers

Reactions: Papa John

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

I'd say all marketing costs should be counted. Either directly or indirectly will be a cause to attract a new customer.
A reminder card or whatever to an existing customer could be resulting in a new customer referral so that is part of it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'd say all marketing costs should be counted. Either directly or indirectly will be a cause to attract a new customer.
A reminder card or whatever to an existing customer could be resulting in a new customer referral so that is part of it.
When I first began, my marketing costs were as high as 20 percent of my gross revenue. 30 years later, averaging about 5 percent.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Forget red alert then! Just scuttle your van and machine if you can get jobs only from amazon. Time for another career...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom