Any cleaners here that do commercial only?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'm too busy trying to train bad habits out of my new guy, like staying oFf the frickin phone while working. Honestly, he's going great. We've been kicking butt.

1631844456581.png

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm too busy trying to train bad habits out of my new guy, like staying of the frickin phone while working. Honestly, he's going great. We've been kicking butt.

View attachment 110683
Get him some ear buds so he can at least keep both hands on the equipment. Throw in a roll of tp and he will love you long time! 😉

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I don’t mind my chimps being on the phone IF they have earbuds and leave one out and they’re alone. Earbuds! As with kids, you have to pick your battles. At least you’ve got him on a Cimex where he can pay more attention to his phone call than that rug😂😉

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
So don't tell me I'm not making enough on these jobs.
I don’t believe I said your not making enough…. But maybe not enough for disliking it so much….

Maybe if you raised your prices and made the same amount of money, if not more, and did fewer jobs then you’d not have as to deal with as much of the things you dislike….

but you do you…it’s obviously working out so well for ya!

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don’t mind my chimps being on the phone IF they have earbuds and leave one out and they’re alone. Earbuds! As with kids, you have to pick your battles. At least you’ve got him on a Cimex where he can pay more attention to his phone call than that rug😂😉
Work is hard enough, music makes it tolerable. As long as they can still be safe, I don't care. Especially on commercial jobs where it can be mindless, endless work.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don’t believe I said your not making enough…. But maybe not enough for disliking it so much….

Maybe if you raised your prices and made the same amount of money, if not more, and did fewer jobs then you’d not have as to deal with as much of the things you dislike….

but you do you…it’s obviously working out so well for ya!
Stop trying to reason with Matt
It is Matt, after all.

• Love
Reactions: FB7777 and Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
There is a fine line between raising the prices and pricing myself out of business.

I've been taught to market to my existing customer base to get more repeat jobs and save money, than spend a fortune for trying to find new customers. So why would I want to risk that by losing my current customer base.

I'll still have the annoyance of everything I mentioned.

I understand your point and it's very true, which is why I said, "if I ever move to another area and started a whole new business". I'm just venting. But is is very tempting to think about. Like next week, I reserved the whole day to clean all the carpet and pews at a church for over $2k. I'll be working at my own pace with none of the annoyances mentioned above.

I just see all the hoops we jump through on some of these jobs that take twice the effort when there's that big open area at that empty building on the other side of town that's double the price for less the hassle.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think you would also need to rethink your processes. While HWE is many times need periodically in entry areas. Low moisture will allow you to clean large expanses that are too far or reasonable to reach by TM.

That means dealing with the dark side. Getting a few OP machines maybe a wide area vacuum.

Mikey P

Administrator
There is a fine line between raising the prices and pricing myself out of business.

I've been taught to market to my existing customer base to get more repeat jobs and save money, than spend a fortune for trying to find new customers. So why would I want to risk that by losing my current customer base.

I'll still have the annoyance of everything I mentioned.

I understand your point and it's very true, which is why I said, "if I ever move to another area and started a whole new business". I'm just venting. But is is very tempting to think about. Like next week, I reserved the whole day to clean all the carpet and pews at a church for over $2k. I'll be working at my own pace with none of the annoyances mentioned above.

I just see all the hoops we jump through on some of these jobs that take twice the effort when there's that big open area at that empty building on the other side of town that's double the price for less the hassle.
Matt is a lot smarter than that stoopid hat implies...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I think you would also need to rethink your processes. While HWE is many times need periodically in entry areas. Low moisture will allow you to clean large expanses that are too far or reasonable to reach by TM.

That means dealing with the dark side. Getting a few OP machines maybe a wide area vacuum.
I agree. That would definitely be part of that business model

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom