Any Body cleaning Sheet Linoleum Floors?

R

R W

Did a nice empty today, and the landlady asked if I could clean the kitchen floor, which was sheet linoleum, or what ever it's called....sheet goods. Well, I had nothing after that job, so I told her "sure". Small kitchen, I pre-sprayed with Viper Venom, and used the SX7 hand tool to clean, with the pressure set at about 4-450 psi. Came out real nice, and I picked up a quick $75. I did tell her to apply some mop&glow to bring back the shine, and give it some protection.

I know these floors are soft, and a quick shot at high pressure would tear them up, but hell, if your carefull, it's some quick, easy money....especially in rentals.

( I wonder if Jimmy pemberton is teaching that in his T&G classes??)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
LOL
we do them all-de-time in the rehabs, RW
On the heavy trashed ones, we roto scrub with red or green pad the same pre-spray we used on the carpet and rinse/extract with the glided Ti
To get the crud build up out of the corners, lift the wand and the jets are mini pressure washers :wink:

donno if Mop 'N Glow is the right stuff though.
I think it gets fine cracks in it due to sheet goods softness moving under traffic
A vinyl floor finish/restore can be bought r=at Wallworld right next to the Mop'n glo

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I clean them all the time. Most will clean up with no prescrubbing. Just prespray and rinse. I am a bit careful with the heat and pressure though. I never found an installer who actually sealed the seams on vinyl flooring and I am always careful to try not to pressure clean over a seam for fear of causing it to curl.

CleanEvo

I usually use my 175 rotary with one of the biege encap pads and then follow up with a thick looped bonnet.

R

R W

Sounds like a good add on in this economy. Larry....I don't carry a rotary in the van....the Genesis is the King, and it takes all the room it wants. Then the hose reel, the RX20, 3 wands, the softener. I just ain't got the room for a rotary...unless I "Beverly-Hillbilly" it on the roof.

Oh....and thanks Marty for NOt berating me. It was a legit question.

R

R W

hey Marty.....we got something in common....Xanax. 2 a day for me, and an Ambien CR at night.

I ain't slept since my Daughter died in 2002.

Oh....and a few beers at night.

R

R W

Sorry to hear, Marty. I guess it's nothing to talk about unless asked about.

I never took any 'scripts till that happened.....but I gotta try to get some sleep somehow.

Ernie G

Robert and Marty, I'm so sorry for your loss, I have two adult children, I can't imagine losing them, what a heart break. Excuse me if i'm out of line, i know i really don't know you guys, but i feel for your loss.

R

R W

Ernie G said:
Robert and Marty, I'm so sorry for your loss, I have two adult children, I can't imagine losing them, what a heart break. Excuse me if i'm out of line, i know i really don't know you guys, but i feel for your loss.

Thanks, Ernie G.....I got huge support from these guys and gals on the boards. MB wasn't in existence in 2002, but most of these cleaners were on ICS or the CCS padders board. (John Gerukink's) It was great to know there were friends out there.

The child could be 3 or 23 (as was my Daughter, Danielle), but they're still your "Babies"......your kids.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Thanks ... I hardly ever talk about it because it brings back horrible memories, but on occasion I feel it helps to mention it. My son was 3 years old when it happened. You know how you can have a hard time bringing up a voice or face from the past? I can still clearly hear his voice and see him running across the entry foyer shouting "Daddy's home" when I would come home from work. Even to this day.

steve r

im using the laminator plus on linoleum. mist the floor with the deep scrub and use a pad then mop it up with a micro fiber mop and apply the finish coat. it puts the shine back on it and holds up well.
then i sell them them the cleaner they can use.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I usea linoleum safe stripper strip it, then acrylic finish then floor finish

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Get some nuetral and no rinse floor cleaner and spray on with your multisprayer and OP it off.

Sam's Club...............$5.99 a gallon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom