Another porous porcelain nightmare

Mikey P

Administrator
A retail customer of mine called and the first thing out of his mouth is what in the he double hockey sticks are you putting into that top spot?

I immediate thought was uh-oh what did TS it ruin..

And then these photos shows up on my cell..

IMG_20230922_112704.jpgIMG_20230922_112706.jpg

And my heart sank as he started to tell me his story of this gigantic Toyota dealership where they had to tear out the carpet due to frequent flooding and they installed these porous porcelain planks instead. His crew showed up to steam clean it and everything they tried last night was causing what you see in these photos, which were taking this morning of the dried floor..

If you've ever cleaned porcelain that's porous you know that you can only work in 100 ft areas at a time and you have to immediately extract and dry the areas to prevent wicking especially when the mop water has been polluted with blacktop slurry, tire rubber residue, and everything else that ends up in the yellow devil bucket.

So my customer shows up with just a Trinity in his pickup and some TopSpot and in a matter of minutes was able to make it look like this..

IMG_20230922_112712.jpg

Which will be how they will go about cleaning this floor in the future....

Less is more on problematic floors...

Last edited:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
A retail customer of mine called and the first thing out of his mouth is what in the he double hockey sticks are you putting into that top spot?

I immediate thought was uh-oh what did TS it ruin..

And then these photos shows up on my cell..

View attachment 124560View attachment 124561

And my heart sank as he started to tell me his story of this gigantic Toyota dealership where they had to tear out the carpet due to frequent flooding and they installed these porous porcelain planks instead. His crew showed up to steam clean it and everything they tried last night was causing what you see in these photos, which were taking this morning of the dried floor..

If you've ever cleaned porcelain that's porous you know that you can only work in 100 ft areas at a time and you have to immediately extract and dry the areas to prevent wicking especially when the mop water has been polluted with blacktop slurry, tire rubber residue, and everything else that ends up in the yellow devil bucket.

So my customer shows up with just a Trinity in his pickup and some TopSpot and in a matter of minutes was able to make it look like this..

View attachment 124562

Which will be how they will go about cleaning this floor in the future....

Less is more on problematic floors...
So you just buff with your TS and it's fixed?

Reactions: Mike J

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom