Angie, You’re Fired! Now what?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Ever since Home Advisor bought Angies List I have seen a sharp drop in calls from Angie customers. I am not sure why that is, but I think the same budget elsewhere is due for a try.

I need cincrete suggestions or a coach.

Reactions: JohnHawkP

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Ever since Home Advisor bought Angies List I have seen a sharp drop in calls from Angie customers. I am not sure why that is, but I think the same budget elsewhere is due for a try.

I need cincrete suggestions or a coach.

Call up your previous customers...........

Or pay someone to call them

Reactions: Old Coastie

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Facebook ads are very cheap. They don't have the impact they used to but still worth using.

Goggle AdWords now allows images and logo's. Its much improved, I think they are trying to steal Facebook advertisers while Facebook is down.

EDDM is still a good vehicle. You control how many pieces are dropped. You pick the zip codes and which routes you want delivered to in that zip code.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Service Magic (Home Advisor before the name change) used to be the dirty whore from the other side of town. Angie was the prom queen I wanted to bring home and introduce to my parents.

They now are married and I will have nothing to do with either of them.

I just told this to Angie's salesman when he called. I also scolded him for using the dirty phone number masking technique, learned from Home Adviser.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
We also dropped AL this year after 6 years. We used to kill it on there about 4 years ago but a steady decline finally hit a point where its not worth it.

AL blew it when they tried to rebuild their entire site at the cost of all their advertisers, I had customers screaming at me because the message system through AL wasnt working lol. That was 2 years ago, I got them to refund 2.5 months @ $1300/month. Had to pry it out of them.

Right now we are focusing on FB, adwords, website strength, and House Call pro is marketing to our database which works very well.

definitely looking for another avenue, we also dropped Yelp as they are equally pathetic.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom