Ability to Replace OLD CARPET when needed with Kool Glide

Stevea

Here is an installation that had triple borders and some inlays. The interesting part is to give you ideas of some thing that can be done.

The entry area, the light colored carpet right off the door way is a piece secured with the Kool Glide. Additional carpet of the exact type was saved. The reason? In the future when this entry piece gets worn or soiled or what ever, this can be easily removed with the Kool Glide and a new piece put back in its place. This allows for a long tern usage of the carpet in this room.

A similar condition can be done in a home or commercial establishment. The same principle can be applied by making of a Logo Rug and inlaying it into the entry of the location. As time goes on it can be removed an a new one placed in.

Also, if you have an entry area that is worn and beat up you can replace the entry with a logo rug and make everything look great again.

Lots of options in this repair business.

Just thought I would share a thought on this concept. I have done some of this work and it has worked out great.

borderrug2.jpg

seam is in the middle of the closet door, this can be opened and the large piece in front of the door removed and replaced
borderrug6.jpg

All of the rest of the carpet, borders and so forth are permanent and cannot be removed but the entry way was installed so that it could easily be removed and replaced at a later time, if and when needed.

SA

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Also, if the customer knows that ONLY you have the magical glue thingy....... they won't call anyone else to do the work.

Stevea

John,

Appreciate the concept, as you say, leave the choice of colors to the consumer. I have done several that I personally did not care for the consumer's choice of colors but I still did the work. I just did one they had picked out a long shag made from Acrylic, hated the fiber and the design, but my job was to do the work, the consumer loved it and has had me do similar things on two other areas.

Here is a part of the installation just to show some things that can be done. Please ignore what you may not like about the colors or design but think of how we could use this type of work or use it as a repair.
th_borderrug.jpg

Here is a shot of the backing work done here as well, just to show some of the layout
borderrug8.jpg

I like Tony's saying of always try to 'think outside of the box', this is something we get to take advantage of in this room.

SA

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I learnt that back when I was designing custom stair cases in Aussie.

I didn't always care for their variations to MY design, but at the end of the day, they are paying me to do what they want and they are the ones that are going to be living with the result.

Cheers, John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom