A very vocal and violent sounding person in the background of a call

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
This old lady just called me, wanting a quote over the ph0ne for carpet cleaning. So I tell her my minimum for that area and I hear in the background "A G-Damn, F***** ripoff artist!!!" was yelling at her while she was talking to me. I asked her if I needed to speak to the individual behind her. And she said "no". Several more comments were screaming at her while we were talking.

We scheduled a cleaning for the 21st.

I'm considering texting back to her, asking if she is ok but I don't know what I should tell her exactly. Any suggestions? I think she's just married to an old, mean drunk, but I don't know.

It was the weirdest call.

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
It's a challenging situation you're in, and it's commendable that you're concerned about the well-being of your customer. It's important to approach this delicately, as you don't want to intrude on her personal life or make her feel uncomfortable.

You could send a text that focuses on the business aspect but also subtly checks on her well-being. Something like:

"Hello, this is [Your Name] from [Your Company]. I just wanted to confirm our carpet cleaning appointment on the 21st. Also, I noticed during our call that there seemed to be some background noise. I just wanted to ensure that it won't interfere with our service on the day. If there's anything you need or any changes you'd like to make, please feel free to let me know. Looking forward to providing you with our best service."

This way, you're not directly addressing the issue but giving her an opportunity to bring it up if she feels comfortable doing so. Remember, it's not your place to intervene in her personal life, but showing concern and offering support as a service provider is a kind gesture.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
"Hello, this is [Your Name] from [Your Company]. I just wanted to confirm our carpet cleaning appointment on the 21st. Also, I noticed during our call that there seemed to be some background noise. I just wanted to ensure that it won't interfere with our service on the day. If there's anything you need or any changes you'd like to make, please feel free to let me know. Looking forward to providing you with our best service."
I called her back telling her something similar to this, and her husband in the background started saying something again, and she told him to hush up. She said he made an accident on the carpet between the living and bathroom, and he's expecting someone to come immediately. She didn't sound like she was in danger.

That tells me the husband has dementia or something similar.

Reactions: SamIam

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
I called her back telling her something similar to this, and her husband in the background started saying something again, and she told him to hush up. She said he made an accident on the carpet between the living and bathroom, and he's expecting someone to come immediately. She didn't sound like she was in danger.

That tells me the husband has dementia or something similar.
It sounds like a challenging situation for the lady, and it's understandable that you're concerned. It's good to hear that she doesn't seem to be in immediate danger.

Dealing with a loved one who has dementia can be very stressful and difficult. The husband's outbursts could be a symptom of his condition, and it's likely that the lady has developed ways to cope with this.

As a service provider, the best thing you can do is to be patient, understanding, and professional. If the husband's behavior becomes disruptive during your service, try to remain calm and composed. If you feel comfortable, you could also ask the lady if there's anything you can do to make the process smoother or less stressful for her.

Remember, it's not your responsibility to manage their personal situation, but showing empathy and understanding can go a long way in providing excellent customer service.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It sounds like a challenging situation for the lady, and it's understandable that you're concerned. It's good to hear that she doesn't seem to be in immediate danger.

Dealing with a loved one who has dementia can be very stressful and difficult. The husband's outbursts could be a symptom of his condition, and it's likely that the lady has developed ways to cope with this.

As a service provider, the best thing you can do is to be patient, understanding, and professional. If the husband's behavior becomes disruptive during your service, try to remain calm and composed. If you feel comfortable, you could also ask the lady if there's anything you can do to make the process smoother or less stressful for her.

Remember, it's not your responsibility to manage their personal situation, but showing empathy and understanding can go a long way in providing excellent customer service.
Your picture is creepy AI Fred. Change it

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Through professionalism and knowing what to possibly expect, just have fun with it. Turn the guy into your cheerleader. Take nothing personal, its business.
I love going the extra mile for tough customers. They have a budget and are probably tired of paying recent inflated prices for contractors with mediocre work ethics. Knock it out of the park for the guy.

Be careful with the one accident between the living room and bathroom. Keyword Bathroom.

• Love
Reactions: BIG WOOD

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I’d pass

An employee of one of my customers got murdered on the job by a violent husband
I agree. We all have too much work to get done to listen to one second of outlandish bs on the job. And you never know just how crazy someone can get.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Ok, all you pansies who told me to hide from the mean old man:

I went to clean it today, and noticed that the wife could barely move from a terrible arthritis, and the husband could barely walk from a health condition also. He had bladder and digestive problems and sat in a chair soaked and had accidents all over the carpet. He could barely walk and He fell while I was there and couldn't get up until I ran over to get him back to a chair. While I was helping him, he said he needed to be in a nursing home. So I tried my hardest to get their place clean enough to live in and it was much better after I applied antimicrobial heavy on his chair and carpet and cleaned his bathroom floors.

After I left, I made a call to a wellness health center locally to have them go out to check on them. They can't live alone. It makes me wonder if I didn't do this job, would something worse happen to them.

And he was in a totally opposite attitude today. Instead of me being a ripoff artist, I got tipped $25.

It's either dementia, or maybe a UTI. I was told that those can make people very hateful when in pain from it.

The only thing that hit me was a hornet in the neck:madder:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
We used to do senior housing authority buildings many years ago. I would run into those kind everyday. I had an old lady sling me and my mop bucket out of an elevator faster than I could blink an eye😂 Got ahold my arm flung me😂

• Haha

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides

I went to clean it today, and noticed that the wife could barely move from a terrible arthritis, and the husband could barely walk from a health condition also. He had bladder and digestive problems and sat in a chair soaked and had accidents all over the carpet. He could barely walk and He fell while I was there and couldn't get up until I ran over to get him back to a chair. While I was helping him, he said he needed to be in a nursing home. So I tried my hardest to get their place clean enough to live in and it was much better after I applied antimicrobial heavy on his chair and carpet and cleaned his bathroom floors.

After I left, I made a call to a wellness health center locally to have them go out to check on them. They can't live alone. It makes me wonder if I didn't do this job, would something worse happen to them.

And he was in a totally opposite attitude today. Instead of me being a ripoff artist, I got tipped $25.

It's either dementia, or maybe a UTI. I was told that those can make people very hateful when in pain from it.

Nice work

FredC

Village Idiot
IMG_1599.jpeg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

I think I saw this one on Forensic Files....

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI

That's a bit of dark humor there, Jim. But in all seriousness, situations like these can be quite complex and emotionally charged. It's important to approach them with sensitivity and professionalism. As service providers, we may sometimes find ourselves in the midst of personal and family issues that we are not equipped to handle. In such cases, it's best to focus on delivering the service we are hired for, while also being mindful of the circumstances and respectful of the individuals involved. If we suspect that someone might be in danger or in need of help, it's appropriate to alert the relevant authorities or social services.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

Sounds like a blast

• Haha
Reactions: Hack Attack

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Your are good man Matt.

• Love

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Sounds like a blast
Why are you still cleaning now that you've made your millions?

For the record, I didn't need this job. These people sounded like they were in dire need, not from being lazy. It takes some empathy and care to swallow your pride to go clean these jobs for people who are good people that need assistance. Get out of your communist state. You sound like a prick

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen

I remember my Water Damage classes when the instructors were adamant about getting written authorization to apply an anti-microbial and to always provide an MSDS to leave for the client.

I still follow that advice today even if I am applying a plant-based anti-microbial.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I remember my Water Damage classes when the instructors were adamant about getting written authorization to apply an anti-microbial and to always provide an MSDS to leave for the client.

I still follow that advice today even if I am applying a plant-based anti-microbial.

Respectful way out. Not percieved as laszy, just proffesional. But i never let that dictate me to do what I would do if it were me.

Name
Nate W.

Steri-fab was our choice of product from the early 1990's.. Clear the rooms, hold your breath.. I'd forget to bring a respirator..

Anyhow, @kmdineen you have always come across well above average and professional!

Good job Woody for making the old peoples space more livable.. Some would have just padded it.......... :eekk:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

That’s a good suggestion to bring up

I see the need for that and I will start putting that in my policy. After the 15min dwell time I flushed it out. I didn’t feel comfortable exposing them to a product like this

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom